Can’t find expo profiles DDR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can’t find expo profiles DDR5

I can’t find the expo profiles when I am in bios it just has disabled.
    I have the G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) Kit DDR5 Trident Z5 Neo RGB AMD EXPO C28 5600MHz
    x670 aorus elite ax
    7700x ryzen cpu.

I have updated the bios and chipset and don’t know what else I need to do see the profiles.

It shows disabled by default, but that option should allow you to enable it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GBT_X670E_AE_EXPO.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	168818
    The UEFI also allows you to check the SPD of each module, to confirm that an EXPO is present:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GBT_X670E_AE_EXPO2.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	168817
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Yeh there is just disabled for me on the top photo u have and I just have current and jedec for the second photo.

Comment

Hm, can you please share a screenshot of that and a photo of your modules then?

Comment

There is a screenshot of the ram because I don’t have the Box and the ram is in the 2nd and 4th slot and I have double checked in the mobo manual and it’s in the right one

Comment

I have just found this and it shows the expo profiles and they have different values under the expo1 but not to sure if it’s supposed to be like that or not.

Comment

According to your screenshots, the modules are mismatched.

The first one is shown as F5-6000J3040F16G and in case of a Trident Z5 Neo RGB (black) module, is a part number with no matching SKU.

The closest thing to that would be this model, that does have matching specifications but (like all Trident Z5 RGB) features an X.M.P. instead of an E.X.P.O.:

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/3...40F16GA2-TZ5RK

The second module is shown as F5-5600J2834F16G and in case of a Trident Z5 Neo RGB (black) module, is a part number from this SKU:

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/3...34F16GX2-TZ5NR

That is probably the one you originally bought.

Since the motherboard does not find a shared set of settings for both modules, the function to enable E.X.P.O. is blocked.

So you need to contact your seller about it and have them replace the item for a proper kit (of matched modules).
              Last edited by emissary42; 11-26-2022, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks I was thinking that as well but wasn’t to sure as on the actual ram stick they both show the same sticker sharing the information but I bought it from ple in au so they would definitely be able to sought it out for me thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X