Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x16 6000MHz kits?

Hi,
    I'm wondering if we will see 4x16GB 6000MHz kits of the CL36 Trident Z5 RGB Silver?

I have a ASUS Maximus Extreme Glacial with a 2x16GB kit but I've found myself needing more memory capacity.
    Adding two more sticks of the same wasn't a very good idea I was told. Atleast if I wanted the same speeds.

Thanks

Yes, eventually, however most platforms are not ready yet thus the reason they are not available yet. Once they are you should see them available for purchase.

Comment

Currently the max supported frequency is a significantly lower, if you also use the secondary memory slots. That might improve later on, with further BIOS update, but could also be a platform or a motherboard limitation (at least in some cases).
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

DDR5 memory does not benefit from dual rank like DDR4 does and is a backwards way of adding more DDR5 memory. Motherboard manufacturers really shouldn't even include more than 1 slot per channel for DDR5, it serves only to confuse us. It's early still but DDR5 designs can be 16x more dense per chip than DDR4 meaning a single rank DDR5 DIMM can be as dense as 256GB per slot. I wouldn't be surprised to see motherboards supporting 512GB DDR5 kits at 8400 mhz sometime in the near future.

Comment

Working...
          X