Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 11 Dynamic Lighting Control for Trident Z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 11 Dynamic Lighting Control for Trident Z?

With this new feature about to hit general release in a month or two, I was wondering if G.Skill TridentZ RGB RAM would work at least in a basic format with what really is a long needed option to avoid all the problems that arise from having to install multiple software applications to control RGB lights on all the different devices from different manufacturers found in most modern PC's.
    With the amount of unnecessary stuff in most RGB programs/often clashing with other companies RGB software, I am hoping that G.Skill TridentZ RAM will at least work with basic colors, static or simple options like 'breathing'. It's about time we had one central way to at least have basic RGB control, and many are really hoping Win 11 will provide this.

I currently use OpenRGB to control the RGB lighting on my Gigabyte Aorus motherboard, matching it with the built in native (blue/green) colors of my Zotax RTX 4090 Airo Extreme (I don't use any Gigabyte or Zotac RGB lighting control). Unfortunately, OpenRGB has had issues with G.Skill RAM, with some users losing RGB lighting completely usually on just one stick of G.Skill RAM, so I do not allow OpenRGb to control my TridentZ RAM - it just does the stock rainbow pattern until I can find a better solution.
    I am hoping Win 11's Dynamic Lighting Control can at the very minimum provde the option for a static color on G.Skill Trident Z RGB.

Can anyone using Win 11 Dynamic Lighting in an Insider build confirm if it can control TridentZ RGB, or perhaps someone from G.Skill can comment?
    Again, not asking for any fancy RGB patterns, just basic static or something simple like one color 'breathing'.
Working...
X