TridentZ Neo brightness issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TridentZ Neo brightness issue

I recently got a new pair of TridentZ Neo sticks for my B550 Steel Legend board and there seems to be some lighting issues. The sticks seem VERY dim?/grainy?/cloudy?/washed out? even at max brightness. This applies to all the colors, My rig is white themed so I default to using the static white option however there's a clear night and day difference from what I've seen from my friends rig and online of people with Neos or TridentZ RGB in general. I've tried using the GSKILL Lighting control software as well to adjust the brightness but they seemed to already be maxed out or I am clearly missing something. Have also swapped them around slots, currently on A2B2 but have tried A1B1 to the same effect. Do I have a bad kit with the lighting? I've also emailed techsupport@gskill.com but it's taking awhile to get a reply so im trying here.

Also, is there any way to keep the static white option on after shutdown/turning on your PC without having to have the RGB software run at startup? I know this can be enabled on corsair ram to save to hardware but first time trying out gskill.

First post so excuse me if this isn't the right forum to post it on.

Also attached some pictures for reference

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ciarcan; 04-30-2021, 08:56 AM.

They not as bright as my my last non g skill rgb sticks that i had but that looks like very dim on white its unless your camera does not pick it up well if white is barely bright at all you probably got faulty rgb especially if its with g skill own software.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppet View Post
      They not as bright as my my last non g skill rgb sticks that i had but that looks like very dim on white its unless your camera does not pick it up well if white is barely bright at all you probably got faulty rgb especially if its with g skill own software.
      Yea they're not the best pics but as you can see from the white lit screenshot that my camera does indeed pick up my fans and aio brightness. I'm not expecting gskills tridentz neo to be as bright as corsair but they do seem very dim to me. Just looking to see if I can get an official response from a gskill staff on here or fellow others responding to see if it's actually an issue as they've yet to get back to me via email.

Comment

Mine are this bright
        Click image for larger version

Name:	4ZFOQ7x.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	539.0 KB
ID:	166770

Comment

Mine are this bright
          Click image for larger version

Name:	4ZFOQ7x.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	539.0 KB
ID:	166770
          That actually looks quite similar to mine. However when I see others with tridentZ kits they seem to be much brighter, unsure if it’s just a camera/angle/lighting thing or another issue. I’m used to the brightness of my Corsair vengeance rgb pro kit but can’t help but think my tridentz neos have a problem due to extreme dimness.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciarcan View Post

That actually looks quite similar to mine. However when I see others with tridentZ kits they seem to be much brighter, unsure if it’s just a camera/angle/lighting thing or another issue. I’m used to the brightness of my Corsair vengeance rgb pro kit but can’t help but think my tridentz neos have a problem due to extreme dimness.
            the trident z rgb is brighter the trident z neo is slightly less bright i believe

Comment

the trident z rgb is brighter the trident z neo is slightly less bright i believe
              Well that would explain it a lot. Thanks! Still wish a mod or staff would chime in on this though for confirmation.

Comment

Working...
              X