Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Rainbow" effect with different colors... is this really not a thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rainbow" effect with different colors... is this really not a thing?

I like the Rainbow effect where the entire stick is constantly lit up and simply changes color top to bottom. However, I do not want every color in the rainbow and would want to pick a couple to match the rest of my color scheme.

Please tell me I am blind.. why can't I find this setting anywhere in the software? The only presets that allow more than one color are the ones that don't have any movement? Is there maybe a workaround to mod a file somewhere to make this happen? (I looked in the root directory but it's pretty barebones)

Across 4 sticks rainbow looks best if 2e stick is slightly delayed and 3e stick even more delayed as well as the 4e while all 4 run at same speed, so you have rainbow from left to right and not just going across from bottom and up for example, having them all sync as 1 bar just is not that intresting, in my case i kind of can do that in asus armoury crate with aura creator altho lacking options to make a perfect loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppet View Post
      Across 4 sticks rainbow looks best if 2e stick is slightly delayed and 3e stick even more delayed as well as the 4e while all 4 run at same speed, so you have rainbow from left to right and not just going across from bottom and up for example, having them all sync as 1 bar just is not that intresting, in my case i kind of can do that in asus armoury crate with aura creator altho lacking options to make a perfect loop.
      Yep that is literally the default configuration for my kit.. just cant figure out how to edit the colors for that effect with the G.Skill software and hoping there is a workaround (not by using other software )

Comment

Well if you have asus board you can use aura creator and setup rainbow effect on each stick but change the patern color like this per rainbow effect.

stick 1 purple blue cyan green yellow orange red
        stick 2 cyan green yellow orange red purple blue
        stick 3 yellow orange red purple blue cyan green
        stick 4 red purple blue cyan green yellow orange

Each stick still is a rainbow but starts off at different color.

It should look like this

Comment

Working...
        X