Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frequency and chip problem [Trident Z TZRX-3200].

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency and chip problem [Trident Z TZRX-3200].

Greetings community, I have a problem with my memories and I would appreciate your help.

I have a problem with my Trident Z RGB TZRX-DDR4-3200 8GBx2 Cl 16-18-18-38 1.35v memories. I currently have 2 kits of 8gb each card for a total of 32gb.

The 4 modules are identical, the problem is that I can not overclock up to 3200mhz, I have only been able to manually up to 2666mhz the 4 memories, even so it shows some values of timings that are not correct to lower than they should be.

My cpu and motherboard are Ryzen 2400G + Asus Rogstrix x470-F.
    I have tried with the XMP profile activated and the system does not boot and also manually with the DRAM calculator but I can't get them to boot, I have the bios updated to the latest version and they don't work either.

I bought the first two modules in 2018 and two more at the end of 2020, once inserted the modules doing tests I have noticed something strange that surely is the cause of the problem but I'm not sure.

The first two modules (2018) are with "hynyx" chip and the new ones (2020) are with "Samsung b-die" chip, when the seller sold me the product nowhere specified which chip model they had, basically they did not offer this information. The 4 modules are the same model with the same CL times but the DRAM calculator tells me different times depending on the chip I choose.
    I am not much of a memory expert so I would really appreciate your expertise.

Is it possible that as the chips are different it is not possible to work at those frequencies? what am I doing wrong? or should I claim to G-Skill by RMA? What options do I have?

Thanks for your attention.

Best course of action may be to send them in for RMA exchange to see if two new kits can better match together.

Submit the RMA form online:

https://www.gskill.com/rma

For guaranteed results it is recommended to use a single kit of RAM in each system.

Comment

Thanks for the answer!
      I was afraid ... but before making an RMA I want to be sure of what I raise, I made a couple of screenshots with Thaiphoon so that they can help me identify what chip class incorporate my memories because the software does not indicate precisely what type of chip they carry and generates serious doubts when testing with DRAM Calculator for ryzen

The first screenshot is of the memory with Hynix chip and I am not able to identify which type it is, Hynix MFR / Hynix AFR / Hynix CJR / Hynix DJR.
      and the second one is samsung which I am not sure if it is B-die or C-die, I think it is a C-die but I am not sure.

thank you very much for your help, greetings

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4-3200C16-8GTZRX (Hynix).png
Views:	194
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	166863Click image for larger version

Name:	F4-3200C16-8GTZRX (Samsung).png
Views:	148
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	166864

Comment

If you want to confirm the die revision, you need to check the labels. The last letter of the lot code above the barcode tells you the actual die revision.

Taken from my B-die list at Hardwareluxx:

Click image for larger version

Name:	b-die-c-die-ident-jpg.511392.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	390.3 KB
ID:	166866
        From my experience with two 2400G and 4x8GB at least 2933 should be possible without much tweaking and almost any IC type, if the motherboard can handle it. However mixing kits can require manual adjustments, hence why it is recommended to if possible only use a single compatible kit.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X