Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200C14D-32GTZR cold boot problem

Hi,
    I have a F4-3200C14D-32GTZR kit together with an ASUS B550-E Gaming motherboard and a Ryzen 5900X CPU and everytime
    I have disconnected the PSU for a few hours or more and start up the computer I get "0d" debug code and DRAM light is on and nothing else happens. If I press
    the reset button the computer starts without problem and is stable. Can run memtest86 for hours and also other test programs.

I have the CPU at stock (tried with only PBO enabled and same thing) and loaded the D.O.C.P profile.
    The problem does not occur if I use the JEDEC speed and timings (2133 MHz).

I've tried:
    • Setting the timings manually and also
    • Used DRAM Calculator for Ryzen and used those timings
    • Tried different ProcODTs
    • A few different voltage bumps to CPU SOC, VDDG and VDDP.
    • Up the DRAM voltage all the way up to 1.4v
    • Tried using 2T CommandRate instead of 1T.
    • Tried BIOS versions 1804 and 2006.

The modules are in the correct slots on the motherboard according A2/B2 to the manual.

Anyone have a clue what I can try?

Seems like you have most bases covered. Have you tried them individually to see if any different? Did you hard reset BIOS and retry? Check with ASUS to see if they have experienced it.

Comment

I've tried them individually and in different slots and it's exactly the same as well as BIOS reset.

I did however notice something; if I set procodt to 60 ohm AND tWRRD to 5 (xmp and auto gives lower values), it will start on first try from being unplugged.

​​​​​​ Don't know if I need to configure any other timings or settings for lower values on tWRRD to work. Or if the memory need a value of 5 there regardless.

​​​​​​ Asus support didn't give me anything useful so far.
      Last edited by Ztah; 04-13-2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X