Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated to 1.0.26 last night and I can report that it is quite a bit better than the last beta. Disk writing is 0, and the memory usage has stayed between 3.5mb-5mb (so far). However, as mentioned in the changelog, the CPU usage while using external sync still stays around 1-2% on my 5950x, which during idle makes it the #1 power hungry app on my machine. I really hope you can discover what is causing the high CPU usage during external sync. Thank you for the update, we're getting there!
    Last edited by oxideous; 04-28-2021, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppet View Post
      1.00.24/26 litterally does not work memory sticks do not show up inside the software even on a clean install of windows 10 with only trident z rgb software installed and no other rgb software, on a asus x570-e r9 3900x setup with a F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN as kit bassicly set of 4 sticks, so bassicly fixing ryzen 5000 support broke ryzen 3000 support it works fine with 1.00.18
      We tested on a ASUS Prime X570-P motherboard with a 3000 series CPU and 5000 series CPU, and could not consistently replicate the issue you've experienced. (We didn't have an ASUS X570-E on hand for testing.) Switching from a working 3000 series processor to a 5000 series processor also didn't have any issues with 1.00.24beta or 1.00.26. We also tested using the same memory kit model, with and without XMP enabled.

There was one single instance that the TZLC v1.00.26 software was not able to detect the memory modules for lighting control, and that was when we upgraded an old BIOS version to the newer 3801/3603 BIOS versions. However, upon uninstalling the software, running the aac-uninstall for a clean uninstall, reboot, and re-installing the same version of the software, these reinstall steps restored the lighting control function. There was no other lighting control software installed on the Windows 10 Pro OS, and the Windows 10 OS was updated to the latest version (20H2). We were unable to replicate this particular issue, since updating it past 34xx BIOS version prevents the motherboard from flashing back to the older versions.

It's likely that in between the BIOS updates, it changed the memory slot addresses in the BIOS. So a previous install of the TZLC software used the previous set of memory slot addresses and were unable to detect the modules. However, reinstalling the software allowed the software driver to recapture the correct/updated memory slot addresses upon the clean re-install.

May we ask for the version of your Windows 10 installation, as well as the BIOS version of your motherboard? We'll see if we can check whether or not these are a factor in the issue that you've encountered.

Comment

I have 3801 bios yes
        windows 10 21h1 19043.964 insider build set to release for around may

I have ability to install windows 10 on usb stick clean and test beta on there as well i had same issue
        when i tested on my usb stick i was using non insider build believe latest let me check and update on which windows vision that was.

Not controlable
        Click image for larger version

Name:	aLqPS5Q.png
Views:	1123
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	166746

And here 1.00.18 working just fine on windows 21h1 insider build, i do not think windows is cause here, neither do i think bios is issue here would expect non of the software to work then.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	A9egAAz.png
Views:	1035
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	166747
        Last edited by Muppet; 04-29-2021, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I guess i should just return my memory kit at this point unless there plans to fix this, really did not expect to be ignored by g skill

Comment

Are we planing to ignore this for months ?

Comment

Why can't I control the brightness of my tridentz royale ram through chroma connect. Is that a fault on razers part?

Comment

Hi,

It is newer than beta 1.00.26? Because I could not find it on the site.
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by robbinbanks View Post
                  Why can't I control the brightness of my tridentz royale ram through chroma connect. Is that a fault on razers part?
                  Once Ext. Sync has been enabled in TZLC software, it listens to Razer Chroma lighting commands. If you want to change brightness of the memory modules, you should open Chroma Studio to check the settings there.

Comment

Originally posted by gytaka View Post
                    Hi,

It is newer than beta 1.00.26? Because I could not find it on the site.
                    Thanks.
                    We're still testing new versions for stability and compatibility, and to verify that it fixes the bugs we set out to fix. So beta 1.00.26 is not available on the main website download page. The only download link is in the first post of this thread.

Comment

It still does't work btw, and telling me to shutoff pc and fully unpower it does not help while i can still control it just fine in armoury crate, and no it does not work with only Trident Z Lighting Control installed either, i should've returned my kit and bought a corsair memory kit instead

Comment

Working...
                      X