Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIMM slot errors with Trident Royal Z RGB and Lighting Control software

Hello Gskill!

Inside of the Lighting Control software, is if I try to change any RGB by single DIMM vs sync all 4 DIMM, slot 2 and 3 are always swapped.
    Nothing I do will fix this issue. Basically if I was to modify any rgb settings by single DIMM, it is ALWAYS “1/3/2/4”.

I have Trident Royal Z rgb, 64gb 3200mhz cl14.

At this point I have had this ram in multiple systems that range from an i7 6700k, i5 10600k, and finally its residing in a Ryzen 9 5900x/x570.
    All of these systems have seen multiple format installs over their lifetime.
    I have also played musical chairs with the stick vs DIMM slots, MULTIPLE times.

help
    Last edited by BunnyButt; 02-03-2021, 04:18 PM.

Hi. Is there a fix for this

Comment

We can look into it to see if the problem can be replicated and resolved. Please provide hardware and software specifications to the support team at techsupport@gskill.com

Comment

Ok,
        I sent a message to the Gskill email you linked, I was told that “the issue is the motherboard, not the ram”

So i emailed MSI, explaining the issue, and they responded with this:

Attachment
        MSI Tech. 02/04/2021 Hello, the "1/3/2/4" placement is normal. Thats how the AMD CPU Memory controller is set up.

There was no other response to this.

If this is truly how “AMD just is” Then is it possible for Gskill to adjust the software to compensate for it?

Comment

We will look into it, however most likely it is not possible since it would cause unwanted changes elsewhere. It would be more appropriate for motherboard RGB lighting software since it is specific to motherboard and brand.

Comment

Working...
          X