Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth exchanging Trident Z Neo for Trident Z RGB for z490 board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth exchanging Trident Z Neo for Trident Z RGB for z490 board?

Please excuse me if this is a question that you see often, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2011121753030[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	194.1 KB ID:	165827

I have an Asus ProArt Z490 that I am trying to buy the best possible RAM for. I ordered 2 dual kits of the Trident Z Neo 2×16GB for a total of 64GB. Then I noticed that it says "designed for AMD Ryzen" everywhere. But I also have read that it will run on Intel boards. If so, will it still be optimal though? Should I return it and get Trident Z RGB instead?

And if I do get the Trident Z RGB instead, would 4×16GB or 2×32GB work equally well with the board or is one better than the other?

I appreciate any insight!

Thank you

I know it's late, but both are in your board's QVL. Neo is just a marketing thing, memory chips are the same.
    It's only the other way around that has problems with 3000 15-15-15 and 3600 15-15-15 which are not in QVLs for AMD boards for the reason AMD has problems with odd CL. But I just set them at 14-15-15 and they also work.

Comment

Working...
    X