Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RGB Lighting: can I turn it off completely?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattlach
    replied
    Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
    It is not possible from the BIOS and no longer possible via software*.

So if you don't want LED memory, then get some Ripjaws V instead that do cover many of the Trident Z RGB, Neo and Royal specs.

Official answer in another thread: https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...134#post162134

*it once was, but the feature had to be removed, to prevent damage to the modules because of LED software conflicts (afaik, might not be 100% accurate)
    That's a huge bummer, I have just about zero tolerance for any computer lighting.

I know they make non-RGB RAM, but the problem is that all of the high performance RAM on my motherboards QVL is RGB based. Having had problems with non QVL RAM on this board before, I really want to buy something on the QVL, but I don't want low clocked RAM...

Can anyone tell me if there is a part identical to either F4-3600C14Q2-64GTZNB or F4-3600C14Q2-64GTZN such that the QVL testing is still appropriate, just without the rainbow disco lights?

Leave a comment:

• emissary42
    replied
    It is not possible from the BIOS and no longer possible via software*.

So if you don't want LED memory, then get some Ripjaws V instead that do cover many of the Trident Z RGB, Neo and Royal specs.

Official answer in another thread: https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...134#post162134

*it once was, but the feature had to be removed, to prevent damage to the modules because of LED software conflicts (afaik, might not be 100% accurate)

Leave a comment:

• coccosoids
    started a topic RGB Lighting: can I turn it off completely?!

RGB Lighting: can I turn it off completely?!

Can the RGB simply be permanently turned off - but very importantly: from the BIOS or the module itself, or by a one time install of an application?
    Thank you.
Working...
X