Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Ram not running rainbow in sequential order on Ryzen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Ram not running rainbow in sequential order on Ryzen.

Hi everyone,

So I am having an issue with my ram not booting up sequential lighting effects as 1,2,3,4. It is instead booting up as 1,3,2,4. Her are my specs, please let me know if you need any additional information.

RAM I have 1 single kit 4x 8gb Trident Z Royal 3000 CAS16.
    CPU Ryzen 5 3600XT
    MOBO Asus ROG b450-f gaming

I have also tested this with 2 kits of 2x 8gb Royal 3200 CAS16 ram with the same issue 1,3,2,4.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Comment

Yes I have the latest bios.

Comment

AFAIK the order in which the memory slots get initialized is determined by and specific to the motherboard. I am not sure if that is something that can somehow be adjusted in BIOS, but it probably does not hurt to look for an respective option / test if it is the same with a different BIOS version. Otherwise contact ASUS support about the issue or just swap the DIMMs in your LED control software as a workaround.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

emissary42 Hi thanks for your reply, I haven’t found anything within the bios that lets me manually change the DIMM slot order. I have rearranged and removed different ram slot positions with no change. I’ve been in contact with ASUS support for 2 weeks no resolution yet. Was hoping maybe someone here had any answers.

Comment

Working...
          X