Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RGB color/pattern without having the GSkill app running every time on Win10 startup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB color/pattern without having the GSkill app running every time on Win10 startup?

Title says it all.
    I prefer to have as few programs running as possible and other RGB ram sticks can save patterns without needing the software always open.
    If this is not possible with Gskill that's fine, I will just live with the stock rainbow cycle

Software must be active to control lighting at all, so if you prefer not to run software, the LEDs will remain in default rainbow cycle.

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Software must be active to control lighting at all, so if you prefer not to run software, the LEDs will remain in default rainbow cycle.
        That's a shame.

This means that you better like the disco rainbow if you want to run an alternate OS like Linux.

All the best designed devices have programmable memory and do all processing using only the software to program them, and then run independently.

Comment

I found a solution to this by using a batch file and some basic shell scripts. All that is needed for the RAM colors and pattern to stay active is that the Trident software is loaded up once, and then the process can be killed off and the RAM will stay working until the system loses power.

Here are the contents of the scripts I used to achieve it. Hopefully, it helps you out.

BATCH FILE: This is my On/Off script used to copy in the CONFIG file I would like to load (one is configured for red/purple, the other is configured for all LEDs off)
          echo off
          copy /Y "D:\configuration\RAM RGB On and Off\configoff" "c:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\G.SKILL\Trident Z Lighting Control\config"
          start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL\Trident Z Lighting Control\hid.exe"
          timeout 5
          taskkill /im hid.exe
          ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache

BATCH FILE: This script is used to launch the Trident Z software, load the config, and then kill the task (and remove the cached icon from the system tray)
          echo off
          start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL\Trident Z Lighting Control\hid.exe"
          timeout 5
          taskkill /im hid.exe
          ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache
          exit

VBSCRIPT File: This script calls the above batch files and hides the command prompt windows so you're not seeing a bunch of commands running - it keeps everything hidden to the background
          Set Shell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
          Shell.ShellExecute "D:\Configuration\RAM RGB On and Off\RAM RGB - OFF.bat", , , "runas", 0
          Set WshShell = Nothing

DM me if you're having issues and I'll try to help.

Comment

Working...
          X