Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Trident Z Royal / Neo] Gigabyte RGB Fusion B20.0110.1 DRAM Lighting Not Working

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Trident Z Royal / Neo] Gigabyte RGB Fusion B20.0110.1 DRAM Lighting Not Working

In January 2020, Gigabyte released RGB Fusion version B20.0110.1 that contains a bug where after installation and a reboot, the Trident Z Royal or Trident Z Neo LED lighting will not turn on or cannot be controlled. This issue has been fixed in RGB Fusion version B20.0122.1, released on Feb 5, 2020.

To simply resolve this issue, please download and install the latest version of RGB Fusion.

If for any reason that your memory kit still is not controllable after the update, please do a driver uninstall by following the instructions below.

If a mix of other software (including the G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control) has been installed or reinstalled in attempt to fix this issue, the Trident Z Lighting Control software may partially work, where some lighting effects can be successfully displayed and other lighting effects cause the memory module to remain dark. This stems from the same issue, so please follow the guide below to resolve this issue.

DRAM LED Driver Clean Uninstall for Gigabyte RGB Fusion B20.0110.1
    1. Uninstall Trident Z Lighting Control (from Windows Add/Remove Program)
    2. Reboot after the uninstall
    3. Uninstall Gigabyte RGB Fusion from Windows Add/Remove Program
    4. Reboot after each uninstall
    5. Go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{ed33b7f7-17d0-40e6-85a5-43e419d53f0c}
    Find “AacSetup.exe”, right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator", and then click on "Uninstall" when prompted. During this uninstall process, it should automatically remove the *.exe file. Delete this directory.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{9F85B1E0-F12E-4AE0-999B-C578AA56CEC3}v1.00.13
    Find “AacSetup.msi”, right click on it and choose "Uninstall". Choose "Yes" when asked if you want to uninstall the product. Once that's done, delete the file and the directory.
    If the "{9F85B1E0-F12E-4AE0-999B-C578AA56CEC3}v1.00.13" directory does not exist, please continue to the next step.

If any of the above directory has a "packages" folder or any other names that are not “AacSetup.exe” or “AacSetup.msi”, leave it alone. Do not do anything and move on to the next step.

After going through the steps above, make sure you've completed all the uninstall dialogs, and reboot the system.

6. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder, and then check if “ene.sys” file is present.
    a. If “ene.sys” file does not exist, then you are finished with the uninstall process.
    b. If “ene.sys” file is present, please reboot the system into safe mode*, and then go to the same folder and delete the “ene.sys” file.

7. After following Steps 1-6, re-download your chosen lighting control software, extract it to your desktop, and reinstall.

Notes:
    * To enter Windows 10 Safe Mode, please see the following guide from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-in-safe-mode
    * When given the list of boot options, please press "4" for "4) Enable Safe Mode"

Been there done that, but unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue for me

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus77 View Post
      Been there done that, but unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue for me
      This set of instructions would only help if there's a driver conflict issue between the Gigabyte and G.SKILL lighting control software. If the cause of your issue is different, then the solution required may be different.

Can you PM me with the details of your issue, and maybe we can figure something else out to help? It would help us by starting with a description of your issue, the motherboard model, memory kit model number, Windows version, and the lighting control software names that you have installed on your system.

Thanks.

Comment

I feel the need to post this here with the hope that it will be seen by G.Skill moderation / technical staff.

You have an extremely high runaway CPU usage problem with your latest version of G.Skill software:

I'm using the latest version of the software, having upgraded to 2x16 Royals I no longer have the "no modules found" issue but now there seems to be a CPU consumption issue that builds over time. When I first start the PC hid.exe is only using .25% but after a few hours, maybe 6 hours or so, hid.exe is now consuming ~8.5%! This is with i7 8700k. To put this in perspective, RGB Fusion stays at .25%, Logitech G-Hub is .02%, Google Chrome with literally 40+ tabs open = .25%. hid.exe is 8.5%, it's so high that I need to periodically check on it in process explorer and disable it before gaming. If I terminate hid.exe and re-launch G.Skill software it will create a new hid.exe process at normal CPU consumption (.25%) but after that it quickly goes up to 8.5%, it may take an hour or two and then I have to do it again, and again, and again.

Please fix this issue.

Z370
        i7 8700k

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan78 View Post
          I feel the need to post this here with the hope that it will be seen by G.Skill moderation / technical staff.

You have an extremely high runaway CPU usage problem with your latest version of G.Skill software:

I'm using the latest version of the software, having upgraded to 2x16 Royals I no longer have the "no modules found" issue but now there seems to be a CPU consumption issue that builds over time. When I first start the PC hid.exe is only using .25% but after a few hours, maybe 6 hours or so, hid.exe is now consuming ~8.5%! This is with i7 8700k. To put this in perspective, RGB Fusion stays at .25%, Logitech G-Hub is .02%, Google Chrome with literally 40+ tabs open = .25%. hid.exe is 8.5%, it's so high that I need to periodically check on it in process explorer and disable it before gaming. If I terminate hid.exe and re-launch G.Skill software it will create a new hid.exe process at normal CPU consumption (.25%) but after that it quickly goes up to 8.5%, it may take an hour or two and then I have to do it again, and again, and again.

Please fix this issue.

Z370
          i7 8700k
          To help us identify this issue, we need to be able to replicate the issue on our end. To help us see if we can replicate the issue, can you please PM me with the following information:
          - motherboard model
          - memory kit model number
          - other lighting control software names that you have installed on your system

And a screenshot of the constant "~8.5%" CPU usage in the Task Manager > Performance tab would be helpful as well.

Please see our reply to your other post: https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...045#post164045
          Last edited by G.SKILL; 04-05-2020, 06:39 PM. Reason: We see you've listed Win10 1809 as your Windows version in your other post.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post

To help us identify this issue, we need to be able to replicate the issue on our end. To help us see if we can replicate the issue, can you please PM me with the following information:
            - motherboard model
            - memory kit model number
            - other lighting control software names that you have installed on your system

And a screenshot of the constant "~8.5%" CPU usage in the Task Manager > Performance tab would be helpful as well.

Please see our reply to your other post: https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...045#post164045
            Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7, BIOS: F6
            Memory: Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3600C18D-32GTRS
            Other lighting software used: Gigabyte RGB Fusion B18.1102 is used only initially when the PC is turned on to set the RGB of the motherboard, distribution plate and GPU, then it's process is terminated after a 2 minute window on timer with auto task kill because RGB Fusion prevents the display from going to sleep, so I don't see this software as being the problem. Additionally, this older version of the software doesn't even have access to the memory modules, so it's not as though it's two different software that are conflicting with the memory.

hid.exe @ 15%!: https://imgur.com/ndBpPy7

The problem seems to crop up over time as I leave my PC, which is situated in my living room on overnight to mine crypto to subsidize my heating bill (65% PT / 165w, GPU is under full water block and doesn't exceed 35C).

Normally before going to bed I turn off all of the RGB on the PC with both G.Skill software and RGB Fusion, but wanting to rule out a potential conflict between the two softwares and the possibility that using G.Skill later in the day was the source of the problem I left the RGB on last night and woke up this morning and it was initially at 10%, but the memory lighting wasn't synced, so I opened G.Skill software and then it went up to 15%!

I need to note that the PC doesn't need to be on for 24 hours for this to happen, some kind of CPU usage leak can develop just 6 hours or so after turning the PC on, this didn't happen yesterday, so I'm not sure what the trigger is, and that's why I didn't use the G.Skill software nor RGB Fusion last night (hid.exe usage was .2% before I went to sleep last night after being on for 12-16 hours, miraculously).

I'm curious as to what the trigger may be.

Additionally, not only does a CPU usage leak develop with hid.exe but the software can become unresponsive, like I just tried to set the RGB on the modules to Cycle like 10 minutes ago, around the time that I created this reply, and it's still yet to apply the setting and now hid.exe is at 15%. I can usually circumvent this by killing hid.exe but the high CPU usage will return very quickly after having a high CPU usage problem with hid.exe and killing and then restarting the process, like 1-3 hours and then the PC will need to be restarted as the only recourse of action.

Again, if this high CPU usage problem only manifested beyond 24 hours I kind of wouldn't have that much of an issue with simply restarting the PC, but it can manifest much faster, like around 6 hours after the PC is initially turned on, and that's a problem. Again, I still don't know what the variable for this is, I thought it might be attempting to use the software again, possibly in conjunction with RGB Fusion, but it's not that as the CPU usage went up to 10% over night without doing that at all yesterday.
            Last edited by vulcan78; 04-07-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X