I can't set static color on G.skill Trident Z NEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't set static color on G.skill Trident Z NEO

Hello i have an problem i can't set static color with G.skill Trident Z NEO using G.skill software, i can only set rainbow,wave,cycle things that have no control colors but when i set static color the RAM lights goes off.

Specs:

G.skill Trident Z NEO 16gb 3600mhz

X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI

So I had the same issue with Trident Z Royal and have found a solution. Most people lead you to beleive that it is corrupt SPD but this is not the case.

When installing both, RGB fusion overwrites the Aac setup stuff. The solution for this, was to install rgb fusion first. Go into
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\RGBFusion\LIB" and double click all of the installers - This will remove them. Now install the G skill software. Some times this doesn't have the ENE installer popup after installing. To fix this, right click the G skill icon and open folder location. open the Aac folder and install the setup from there. Also open rgb fusion and disable load on startup.

You may have to follow the deep clean guides for asus/gskill software if you've installed them previously to get this to work. It took me the last 3 days of reinstalling windows to figure this out.

Hope this helps

PS. Copied this from another post i commented on. Since doing this 3 days ago I've had no issues with running both programs on startup, switching between the softwares with them both open and all modes functioning properly again.

Comment

Originally posted by seqo View Post
      So I had the same issue with Trident Z Royal and have found a solution. Most people lead you to beleive that it is corrupt SPD but this is not the case.

When installing both, RGB fusion overwrites the Aac setup stuff. The solution for this, was to install rgb fusion first. Go into
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\RGBFusion\LIB" and double click all of the installers - This will remove them. Now install the G skill software. Some times this doesn't have the ENE installer popup after installing. To fix this, right click the G skill icon and open folder location. open the Aac folder and install the setup from there. Also open rgb fusion and disable load on startup.

You may have to follow the deep clean guides for asus/gskill software if you've installed them previously to get this to work. It took me the last 3 days of reinstalling windows to figure this out.

Hope this helps

PS. Copied this from another post i commented on. Since doing this 3 days ago I've had no issues with running both programs on startup, switching between the softwares with them both open and all modes functioning properly again.

Thank you! Uninstalling RGBFusion's ENE setups, and then uninstalling RGBFusion & ASUS Aura Sync worked for me. I've installed and am using only G.SKILL RBG software now.

Comment

i have exactly the same problem but on a msi mpg x570 carbon wifi and the solution of seqo doesn´t work for me

Comment

Originally posted by Burle17 View Post
          i have exactly the same problem but on a msi mpg x570 carbon wifi and the solution of seqo doesn´t work for me
          Hey, power down your computer, turn the power supply switch off and hold the power button down for 20 seconds to drain your capacitors.

Yesterday my colors also stopped working and a cap drain fixed it.

Afterwards, turn psu back on and power up. Hopefully this helps.

Seqo

Comment

thx but my problem was solved after an complete new installation of Windows (i think it was a conflict with another RGB Software that was installed before, now its all fine)

thx for the help^^

Comment

Originally posted by seqo View Post

Hope this helps

This helped me solve my own issue AND my girlfriend's similar problems with our different brands of RGB RAM. Thank you so much seqo !!!

I had to uninstall the ENE driver from within safe mode on my computer and suddenly my G-Skill Trridents were working fine again! On my girlfriend's computer the thing wasn't even available to uninstall, so i killed the ENE and lighting services off and then deleted the files in C:\Program Files\ENE , reboot and installed a fresh ENE driver from the ram manufacturer (in her case, ADATA)
              Last edited by darxtorm; 06-04-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X