Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case you have not seen it yet, there is a beta available with a fix:

https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...-cpu-usage-fix
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Hey g skill you have support team right ? the beta does not work unless you have 5000 series cpu cos the way they fixed ryzen 5000 cpu support is to break it for anything older then ryzen 5000 series this is clearly not a power cycle rgb issue my ram is perfectly controlable with 1.00.18 it just does not become controlable with 1.00.22 which has the cpu fix and 1.00.24 the beta

Asus has g skill memory support but they also suffer increased cpu cycles cos they recently broke it altho i could be wrong, it could've been broken since forever since if found threads dating as old as 4 years ago with the same issue and the increased cpu usage drops instantly if you do not sync memory

Anyway this feels like a nightmare, i know whats wrong and i know they can most likely fix it or debug it, so please get some activity in here g skill, cos my experience so far been not that great at all, i would hate to have to return my 3e kit that i ordered 13 april i have total of 30 days to change my mind, the other 2 kits where returned cos they did not play well with mem controller on my cpu did not like hynix, that issue is now resolved with samsung b die, but now im in rgb software hell and i hate it, i have no plans to use open rgb cos that kind of software is potentially dangerous and disables chipset fan on x570-e boards

When i use 1.00.18 i experience same increased cpu usage however first 10 15 30 minutes it uses 0% cpu on hid.exe or gaming.exe but then it jumps after a while this is clearly not oke.
      I have this kit currently G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 4x8GB 3600Mhz RGB [F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN] and im very satisfied with performance even timings are better then my old kit not speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Muppet View Post
        Hey g skill you have support team right ? the beta does not work unless you have 5000 series cpu cos the way they fixed ryzen 5000 cpu support is to break it for anything older then ryzen 5000 series this is clearly not a power cycle rgb issue my ram is perfectly controlable with 1.00.18 it just does not become controlable with 1.00.22 which has the cpu fix and 1.00.24 the beta

Asus has g skill memory support but they also suffer increased cpu cycles cos they recently broke it altho i could be wrong, it could've been broken since forever since if found threads dating as old as 4 years ago with the same issue and the increased cpu usage drops instantly if you do not sync memory

Anyway this feels like a nightmare, i know whats wrong and i know they can most likely fix it or debug it, so please get some activity in here g skill, cos my experience so far been not that great at all, i would hate to have to return my 3e kit that i ordered 13 april i have total of 30 days to change my mind, the other 2 kits where returned cos they did not play well with mem controller on my cpu did not like hynix, that issue is now resolved with samsung b die, but now im in rgb software hell and i hate it, i have no plans to use open rgb cos that kind of software is potentially dangerous and disables chipset fan on x570-e boards

When i use 1.00.18 i experience same increased cpu usage however first 10 15 30 minutes it uses 0% cpu on hid.exe or gaming.exe but then it jumps after a while this is clearly not oke.
        I have this kit currently G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 4x8GB 3600Mhz RGB [F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN] and im very satisfied with performance even timings are better then my old kit not speed.

We're not sure how motherboard vendors code their software, but it should share the same LED control driver, just with different driver versions (depending on when it was updated or compiled). As far as we know, high CPU usage would tend to be a software issue, rather than a driver issue.

In any case, you mentioned that v1.00.24beta doesn't work with older AMD processors, and only with 5000 series CPUs. Would you be able to let us know which CPU and motherboard setup you are using, so we can try to replicate your issue?

And again, if you ever have different software installed at the same time (for example, TZLC and ASUS Aura Sync/Armoury Crate), then we recommend you go through the clean uninstall steps, since problems can arise from a driver version conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post

We're not sure how motherboard vendors code their software, but it should share the same LED control driver, just with different driver versions (depending on when it was updated or compiled). As far as we know, high CPU usage would tend to be a software issue, rather than a driver issue.

In any case, you mentioned that v1.00.24beta doesn't work with older AMD processors, and only with 5000 series CPUs. Would you be able to let us know which CPU and motherboard setup you are using, so we can try to replicate your issue?

And again, if you ever have different software installed at the same time (for example, TZLC and ASUS Aura Sync/Armoury Crate), then we recommend you go through the clean uninstall steps, since problems can arise from a driver version conflict.
          Asus x570-e with ryzen 9 3900x if the beta has a way to do any kind debug file i can provide that as well if needed, the beta has issues regardless and all is correctly installed, i know what i am doing.

This is also after running the aac cleaner and then reinstalling tridentz the aac cleaner removes all aac packages including those of my motherboard rgb that have nothing to do with tridentz software, armoury crate still detects it just fine tho
          Im gonna run my windows 10 to go usb stick and test in there which is clean install and report back, chances are that wont work either.

With only the beta installed 1.00.26 no memory detected at all no control on a clean install of windows 10.

Btw found this video randomly on the internet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lfd-3fasik i would assume you guys have tools to re write spd data in case rgb software corrupts spd ? assuming that is still an issue ? not planing to stop using rgb in software mode over this.
          Last edited by Muppet; 04-27-2021, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
            In case you have not seen it yet, there is a beta available with a fix:

https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...-cpu-usage-fix
            Got it running now, so far so good, but unlike Muppet, I am on the same board (X570-E Strix) I am running a 5900X.

Comment

Win 11 Pro - Ryzen 5 3600 - Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro - Trident RAM 8GB x2 modules : I can confirm using version 100.29 that the high CPU usage persists when choosing the "music" option.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TRidentCPU.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	168201
              Last edited by dwd1961; 04-14-2022, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X