Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install "G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control"
    run --> msconfig --> startup --> open --> Trident Z deactivation
    So, ram will appear in Armoury Crate. All effects will work and there is no need to kill Hid every time you switch on pc...
    No cpu usage, but ram is recognised by Aura
    Thats the only way to: keep program, get your ram detected and dont stress cpu

Comment

I was going crazy trying to figure out why my CPU kept jumping all over, even my temps were going up 10-20 degrees reading with Core Temp...it was this program causing it, I closed it and disabled it, and it looks to be resolved. This was killing me!!

Using 5900x btw and undervolting with PBO cause I thought that was part of the issue.

Comment

I am seeing similar symptoms.

X570 AORUS PRO WIFI
        AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
        Lian Li O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
        Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma
        Razer Mamba Elite
        Razer Huntsman Elite

I also have these 3rd party RGB components connected via Chroma Connect:

G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB (F4-3600C16-16GTZN)
        Floe Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition
        2 x Pure Plus 12 RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (3-Fan Pack)

Razer Chroma Connect is configured:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss1.PNG
Views:	1660
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	166122

After a fresh boot, hid.exe is showing like 2% CPU. After some time it spikes to 8% or more. A restart of the app makes it drop back down to the 2% range -- but it's still too much for a simple lighting control module.

Using Sysinternals Process Monitor, it looks like when Chroma Connect is enabled, hid.exe goes wild reading/writing in the registry. Seems unnecessary, and I'm no software developer, but I think it's safe to say this is why it's so inefficient. I mean look at the timestamps -- it's literally making these calls as fast as the system can execute it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ss2.PNG
Views:	1527
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	166123

G.Skill really needs to do something about this.

Comment

I've resorted to the rainbow puke at startup, and just disabling G.skill as a startup app. I'm really hoping this is solved soon, but the lack of any response from G.skill is a bit dissapointing.

Comment

So I have actually had this issue before Ryzen 5000 series with my 3900X before my 5900X, it comes and goes and I usually don't notice until my CPU is hot as getup.

I don't know what triggers it, but one annoyance is if you kill the process, and go to sleep, when you wake up you will have rainbow puke instead of what you set it to.

For non Zen 3 users, Aura or other tools might keep the setting for you. For Zen 3 users Aura won't work without this installed. it just freezes for me and wigs out. I won't install armoury crate, as its full of bloatware and spyware.

So the option for me was to create a simple batch file that on log in (wake from sleep since you have to log in there right?) that launches it, then kills it 5 seconds later.

start /min "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\G.SKILL\Trident Z Lighting Control\Gaming.exe"
            PING -n 5 -w 1000 127.1 >NUL
            taskkill /im "hid.exe" /f
            taskkill /im "gaming.exe" /f

Simple works, but it slightly annoying with the window, the /min command doesn't seem to work but keeps me in solid colors even after sleep, and now without aura installed since Asus stores the color profiles in the bios.

Comment

Recently I started (once again) having the issue of ~7.5% CPU usage after every system boot until I closed Lighting Control and restarted it. I tried reinstalling and it was still happening. Disabling auto start and running the program myself stopped the bug but that's gonna get old real quick. With that in mind, I disabled Lighting Control in Startup Apps and loaded up Task Scheduler. I made a task to start Hid.exe on a 30 second delay after logging in and rebooted again. I wasn't expecting anything good to come of it but...

Wouldn't you know it actually worked... After it started this way it is happily sitting at 0% CPU. I'm scratching my head like I have psoriasis!

If you're familiar with using Task Scheduler then this would be easy enough for you to try. If not then go to my old post here for a walkthrough https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...c-prompt-guide but there will be a few changes to the needed settings:

-Under General, Run with highest privileges is not needed.
              -Set your trigger to At log on (of any user) and Delay Task for 30 seconds or more. Uncheck everything else but Enabled.

If anybody else is having issues with CPU usage after the normal auto run on system boot, please try this and see what happens. My hypothesis is that something loading after Lighting Control, maybe even some part of Windows, is triggering this issue. I have absolutely no clue what that could be though. We need to get to the bottom of this bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post
                Recently I started (once again) having the issue of ~7.5% CPU usage after every system boot until I closed Lighting Control and restarted it. I tried reinstalling and it was still happening. Disabling auto start and running the program myself stopped the bug but that's gonna get old real quick. With that in mind, I disabled Lighting Control in Startup Apps and loaded up Task Scheduler. I made a task to start Hid.exe on a 30 second delay after logging in and rebooted again. I wasn't expecting anything good to come of it but...

Wouldn't you know it actually worked... After it started this way it is happily sitting at 0% CPU. I'm scratching my head like I have psoriasis!

If you're familiar with using Task Scheduler then this would be easy enough for you to try. If not then go to my old post here for a walkthrough https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...c-prompt-guide but there will be a few changes to the needed settings:

-Under General, Run with highest privileges is not needed.
                -Set your trigger to At log on (of any user) and Delay Task for 30 seconds or more. Uncheck everything else but Enabled.

If anybody else is having issues with CPU usage after the normal auto run on system boot, please try this and see what happens. My hypothesis is that something loading after Lighting Control, maybe even some part of Windows, is triggering this issue. I have absolutely no clue what that could be though. We need to get to the bottom of this bug.
                This doesn't work for me. Kicks it to 5-10% CPU on a 5900X.

I tried just killing hid.exe but that didn't work either, colors would just go back to rainbow puke after wake from sleep.

Comment

It seems that the issue is not only with the g.Skill app but with other apps as well. I have high CPU usage with RGB Fusion too if the lighting is set to anything other than static. It seems to be an issue with the RAM itself not with an app that controls the lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by AeroZ View Post
                    It seems that the issue is not only with the g.Skill app but with other apps as well. I have high CPU usage with RGB Fusion too if the lighting is set to anything other than static. It seems to be an issue with the RAM itself not with an app that controls the lighting.
                    It doesn't matter what tool you use, they all use the same DLL from Gskill to control the lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by schmak01 View Post

It doesn't matter what tool you use, they all use the same DLL from Gskill to control the lighting.
                      G.Skill fix your sh*t!

Comment

Just wanted to chime in same for me to. 10900k MSI Z490i Meg

Comment

Version 1.00.18 states:
                          - [Known Issue] Some antivirus programs may cause hid.exe (the application running in the background that controls the lighting) to increase CPU usage.

Is this issue fixed in 1.00.22? If not then when will it get fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by AeroZ View Post
                            Version 1.00.18 states:
                            - [Known Issue] Some antivirus programs may cause hid.exe (the application running in the background that controls the lighting) to increase CPU usage.

Is this issue fixed in 1.00.22? If not then when will it get fixed?
                            Apparently this is Windows Defender, because I only use this AV and no other antivirus.

Comment

I've found some....strange behavior. When I toggle on DTS Neo PC in Sound Blaster Command (and only WHEN it is toggled ON, it's fine after restarting Lighting Control) hid.exe immediately starts eating 7.5% CPU again. This is 100% repeatable, however as I've only had this sound card for about a month this is clearly not causing the issue but is rather triggering whatever IS the problem. I've completely disabled Windows Defender and it has no effect on this. Also I've noticed that it eats more CPU whenever another program is opening (a web browser for example) once this bug has been triggered.

I'm getting tired of jumping through hoops with this software and am going to be actively recommending against any GSkill products that rely on this program until this is actually fixed...

Edit: looks like this happens when toggling output between speakers and headphones as well
                              Last edited by Synner; 02-19-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Here I was in conflict with the NahimicService.

I disabled the Trident Z Lighting Control Hid from the startup tab and created a startup task in the task scheduler.

So it starts before Nahimic and I don't have this problem of high CPU usage.

Comment

Working...
                                X