Workaround: App Blocked By Administrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workaround: App Blocked By Administrator

I reinstalled windows on a new NVMe drive and upon reinstalling the G.SKILL TridentZ RGB software (1.06.68) I got hit with the 'This app has been blocked for your protection' despite following all instructions mentioned in the installation notes.

I tried the TridentZ Royal Lighting software after a doing a clean uninstall of the TridentZ RGB software, but all of my sticks went dark after restart (multiple attempts) and the software wouldn't turn them back on with any configuration (default, reset, static etc.).

I removed the TridentZ Royal Lighting software and started with a new clean install of the TridentZ RGB software again. This time, after installation was complete and I rebooted, I ran Command Prompt as Administrator and went to the folder the gskill.exe file was in and ran it from there. This circumvented that annoying popup and allowed me access to the software. I was able to turn the LEDs back on, as well as rid myself of the unicorn farts

Holy cow you’re a lifesaver. Mystic light wouldn’t detect them and the Royal lighting software wasn’t applying the effects. I was about to give up until I saw this! I’m gonna contact GSkill and see if they can show this as a fix on the page with the download link. Literally made this account to show my thanks to you.

Comment

Working...
    X