Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z RGB Software Possible Fix

Hi G.SKILL,

I have the latest version of the RBB control software installed, but the application does not want to open as it cannot recognise my installed Trident Z RGB ram. I have 2 memory sticks, 8gb each running in dual-channel mode. My BIOS is the latest version, with a z270 chipset.

My ram is currently installed in slot 2 and 4, but the software does not recognise it and fails to open. I changed the memory sticks to slot 1 and 3, requiring me to remove one of my CPU cooler fans. The software now recognises the ram and allows me to configure its effects.

Since I need 2 fans on my heatsink to adequately cool my CPU, I cannot leave my memory sticks in slots 1 and 3. I have now reverted back to having the memory sticks in slots 2 and 4, but again the software does not detect the installed ram, not allowing me to fully open the RGB control application.

I believe that the software only seeks if G.Skill Trident Z RGB ram is installed in the first socket, allowing the application to fully open and allow styles for the memory sticks to be configured.

Could there please be a simple update to the RGB control software to allow memory sticks to be recognised in slots 2 and 4? I am unable to use slots 1 and 3 due to CPU cooler interference.

Thanks

Originally posted by MatthewM View Post

I have the latest version of the RBB control software installed
    I have the latest RGB Controller software installed as well, but it works just fine - what's the history on your system? Did you have other controller software installed at some point?

My ram is currently installed in slot 2 and 4, but the software does not recognise it and fails to open. I changed the memory sticks to slot 1 and 3, requiring me to remove one of my CPU cooler fans. The software now recognises the ram and allows me to configure its effects.

Since I need 2 fans on my heatsink to adequately cool my CPU, I cannot leave my memory sticks in slots 1 and 3. I have now reverted back to having the memory sticks in slots 2 and 4, but again the software does not detect the installed ram, not allowing me to fully open the RGB control application.
    Strange, what motherboard and memory? You should be able to switch to 2 and 4. Try resetting the RGB settings within the software?

Comment

Hi,

My motherboard is ASRock - Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

1) I currently have the Asrock RGB led controller installed, but it only works with the motherboard and an led strip.

2) Motherboard as stated above, and my memory is G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR). Works fine in slots 1 and 3, but the software doesn't recognise the installed memory in slots 2 and 4, starting the g.skill led controller program with an error.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

My motherboard is ASRock - Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

1) I currently have the Asrock RGB led controller installed, but it only works with the motherboard and an led strip.

2) Motherboard as stated above, and my memory is G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR). Works fine in slots 1 and 3, but the software doesn't recognise the installed memory in slots 2 and 4, starting the g.skill led controller program with an error.

Thanks
        You are not the only one my friend. All Asrock motherboard with ryzen chipset have the same problem. I have the Asrock B250M and the same ram, in slot 1 and 3, the gskill software reconize it and works well, when in slot 2 and 4 you get an error. I HOPE that G.Skill or Asrock will do something about it.

Comment

Agreed. The program's been in beta for far too long.

Comment

Wish I would have read all these before buying my RAM. With my asrock extreme 4, I either have to have a unstable system using slots A1,B1 or keep the constant rainbow effect, but stable speed of 3600mhz using slots A2,B2. Hopefully a update is comming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rammer View Post
              Wish I would have read all these before buying my RAM. With my asrock extreme 4, I either have to have a unstable system using slots A1,B1 or keep the constant rainbow effect, but stable speed of 3600mhz using slots A2,B2. Hopefully a update is comming soon.
              There is no update. There will be no update. I think they are essentially done trying to fix their software. They'd be happy if you'd just use ASUS RGB software and leave them alone.

And BTW, I have the exact same problem with the ASUS software.

I bet this will be the first and last time anyone tries to have software controllable RAM using the SMB.
              Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
              Intel i5 7600k
              Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
              4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
              1TB Samsung 960 EVO
              Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Working...
              X