Trident Z - F4-3200C16D-16GTZR and Ryzen AM4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z - F4-3200C16D-16GTZR and Ryzen AM4

Has anyone had any luck with F4-3200C16D-16GTZR and Ryzen AM4 X370.

Based Tips for Building a Better AMD Ryzen™ System
    Source
    https://community.amd.com/community/...m?sf62307686=1

Extract:
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "We have internally observed good results from 2933, 3200, and 3500 MT/s rates with 16GB kits based on Samsung “B-die” memory chips. Potential kits include:

G.Skill Trident Z - F4-3200C16D-16GTZR [16-18-18-36 @ 1.35v]

Robert Hallock is a technical marketing guy for AMD's CPU division."
    __________________________________________________ _____________

I fell for that line too, he should have said c14, because every single one of the c16 kits are hynix chips NOT samsung. I hope G.skill appreciates all the angry customers from that story getting people to buy the wrong kits.

Comment

on a bright note here, those of us running c16 ram kits from gskill and using msi titanium board, beta bios 1.45 is out , with latest agesa code and can run our ram at 3200......

Comment

We're not sure why AMD chose to list the 3200 CL16 model either, especially when most medias and reviewers got it working with 3200 CL14 kits.

We'll definitely pass this information on internally, and see what we can do about this. Thanks for the link.
        Last edited by G.SKILL; 04-13-2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

At this point it is spilled milk, but AMD should edit their content to reflect the mistake, and at this point it is impossible to put the genie back in the bottle. but any attempt should be made to correct it, as many people will read that article and get the wrong part numbers, and be upset about it. at least until bios and firmware updates come along to make this a non issue.

Comment

I know this is an old topic, but F4-3600C16D-16GTZR shows as Samsung B-die for me. I'm only responding to this now as I've gotten a lot of questions about this particular kit. Unless there is a different batch going out that has Hynix, this kit in hand is Samsung B-die.

Comment

They are talking the 3200C16 not 3600C16 Whiskey

Comment

Originally posted by d.giessing View Post
                They are talking the 3200C16 not 3600C16 Whiskey
                Ah so it is! And yes, 3200C16 definitely is Hynix. Had to open a pack just to verify anyway

Comment

Originally posted by royedmund View Post
                  Has anyone had any luck with F4-3200C16D-16GTZR and Ryzen AM4 X370.
                  Not exactly the same sticks of RAM, but it appears Gigabyte's AM4 boards does not like Trident Z RGB at all:

Originally posted by Hexile View Post
                  Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7.
                  Memory: G.SKILL F4-3600C17D-32GTZR
                  (32GB (16 GB x 2) Trident Z RGB Series DDR4 3600 MHz C17)

Setting any speed manually or using XMP gives a boot loop with error F9, but the memory configuration is reset after a few automatic restarts

Before updating bios from version F3 to F4, XMP would only read this kit as 3200, but with F4, it is read correctly as 3600.

With a beta bios called F5a the problem remains unaffected. I have poked any related setting without any progress.

Comment

I'm on an MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic with my TDZ RGB 3200C16D-CL16 and on Agesa 1.0.0.6 i still can not get them above 2667 for a long time. Sometimes the system boots with 2966 but then sometimes not... such a hassle

Comment

Originally posted by d.giessing View Post
                      I'm on an MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic with my TDZ RGB 3200C16D-CL16 and on Agesa 1.0.0.6 i still can not get them above 2667 for a long time. Sometimes the system boots with 2966 but then sometimes not... such a hassle
                      What other settings do you use. DRAM voltage, SOC voltage, VTT etc.

Comment

Yes, sort of

Yes, sort of. (This is my first post on this forum.) I just bought two pairs of F4-3200C16D-16GTZR for a total of 32GB. I had a couple issues, but I have 16GB working at 3066 Mhz with all RGB effects working as expected. I am slightly above a novice at Ram overclocking, so I don't go fiddling with unpublished settings.

(Relevant) Setup:
                        • MSI Gaming Pro Carbon x370 w/ latest BIOS 1.7 blah blah
                        • G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (2x8GB)
                        • Ryzen 1800x CPU @ Stock speed with Corsair Hydro H55 Liquid Cooling

First, the Bad
                        I was convinced this ram wouldn't work. I was unable to get all 32GB working HOWEVER, I suspect I had one bad stick of RAM. No matter what combination of slots I used, even if trying at 1866 MHz, I always had half the RAM usable that was installed. i.e. 32GB installed / 16GB usable. 16GB installed / 8GB usable. Once I plucked the "bad" set (or was it just that my motherboard can't handle all 32GB?) I was back in business. I returned the sticks that seemed to be causing the issue and ate the restocking fee at Newegg.

Now for the Good-ish: 16GB @ 3066
                        With 16GB and the trouble set out of the picture, things went smoothly. I copied all the AMP Profile 2 settings by entering them manually in BIOS, including 1.35 Volts. I assumed 3200 would work (obviously) but it doesn't with the stock settings this RAM should take. I started at 2133 and kept stepping up until I couldn't POST. 3066 was the max I could get.

Conclusion
                        I have softer expectations than some. I wanted reasonably fast ram without too much hassle and ABSOLUTELY want the RGB effects. I was unaware of the compatibility issues having come off a series of Intel builds. It never occurred to me the RAM might not play nice. I am okay with 3066 given the price I paid for the RGB effects ($145) and someday maybe I will tweak it some more. I'm waiting for Vega to upgrade my aging Crossfire setup.

I'd be happy to take additional advice or try other things with this if it helps some people.
                        Last edited by frobozz; 07-17-2017, 05:26 PM.
                        Ryzen 1800x | MSI Gaming Pro Carbon x370 | 16GB G.Skill Tridentz RGB 16D @ 3066

Comment

Working...
                        X