Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Trident Z RGB Software BETA] Known Issues (OUTDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi SerpentXSF,

Would you mind contacting our tech support team at techsupport@gskill.com? More details and information into your setup would help us understand what might have gone wrong.

In addition to the information you provided, could you also let us know the motherboard BIOS version, the full memory kit model number, and the serial numbers of the memory modules in your email? A txt dump of the SPD information from Thaiphoon would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentXSF View Post
      Besides the consistent lighting issues G.skill is working to resolve, I noticed the only way that I could get my sticks to work or light up. Was to do a fresh install of Windows, install my normal programs BUT NEVER install the G.Skill app to control the RAM. Yes this means you will be stuck on default rainbow, but since then they have stayed lit the entire time, on my Intel platform even with pushing the system hard for benchmarks sometimes reaching 5.3 Ghz on Intel 7700k.

My issue now is the fact that one of my Mem sticks reads speeds of 1066 instead of XMP 3200, showing PC4 17000 instead of PC4 25600. The system boots, despite most people being unable to boot when this happens, I am even getting similar performance compared to when the stick read normal. This 1 stick out of 4, won't enable XMP, timings arent the same as others, and is running slower. However system seems fine, and modules light up like normal....?.. So I will look into Taiphoon, but wanted to let all of you know this isn't just AMD thats having the issue. And I am willing to share any info requested to help in resolving the issue for all customers.
      at what moment did the dead stick lit up when doing a fresh install of windows? i have tried everything and cannot get my dead stick to lit up.

Comment

Originally posted by avioni View Post
        at what moment did the dead stick lit up when doing a fresh install of windows? i have tried everything and cannot get my dead stick to lit up.
        It's more of a matter of actually killing the background processes; reinstalling windows is an extreme way to kill the processes. When you uninstall the G.Skill app or any app based off of Asus' Aura, you HAVE to make sure to kill those. I actually had to manually remove installation and program folders and clean up registry entries as well. Sounds like much, but it isn't (maybe 5 - 10 minutes of work if that). It's been referenced in this thread I think or in another one, but it's here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
          It's more of a matter of actually killing the background processes; reinstalling windows is an extreme way to kill the processes. When you uninstall the G.Skill app or any app based off of Asus' Aura, you HAVE to make sure to kill those. I actually had to manually remove installation and program folders and clean up registry entries as well. Sounds like much, but it isn't (maybe 5 - 10 minutes of work if that). It's been referenced in this thread I think or in another one, but it's here somewhere.
          i see, yea i've tried all that.

Comment

is it normal for the gskill software to create 2 XML files? one called last profile and the other one called status.xml in a different location C:\ . trying to figure out my non lighting stick. if i toggle the effects off/on it will always default to red comet no matter what i had before or it sometimes will not light back up until i hit default. same thing on every reboot... it will either stay off or do comet in red effect.
            Last edited by avioni; 06-23-2017, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Still having issues with MSI motherboard compatibility. My specific board is; MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Intel Z270 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 ATX Motherboard (Z270 GAMING M5)

Comment

avioni,

Where did you find status.xml? The Trident Z RGB software should only create a last profile.xml file to store the previously set lighting effect under C:\Program Files\Lighting Service folder (for v1.00.22 BETA)

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                  avioni,

Where did you find status.xml? The Trident Z RGB software should only create a last profile.xml file to store the previously set lighting effect under C:\Program Files\Lighting Service folder (for v1.00.22 BETA)
                  it creates it on main local c:\ directory . i can delete it and everytime i open gskill software it creates it again. that is if the software opens. i dont know what happened but ever since one of my sticks went dark. the program wont open. i had to do mayb 5 complete cleans and reinstalls and move the ram from slots and finally it opened but dead stick is still dead. and well some other odd issue cause the creation of both XML files and the weird behavior of the RGB when turning off and on.

Comment

how do i delete the AXSP folder? its the only folder that does not remove with uninstall. i have to manually shut down the service so i can delete the folder. should it not be removed with uninstall?

Comment

avioni,

Can you send over the status.xml file as attachment to techsupport@gskill.com? We'd like to check the file contents and find out what's happening. It would also help if you include the serial number of the modules in the email as well.

Does the folder path say AXSP/2.00.00 or AXSP/1.02.00? We'll find out what we can for you in terms of removing/uninstalling this.

Comment

i deleted everything once again to try a fix i saw on another post. but no luck. cannot get any version of the app to open, they just crash. i will try again moving the ram from slot and if it creates the status xml ill send it. pretty sure it looked identical to the lastprofile.xml . this last time i went in safe mode and ran revo uninstaller and cc cleaner to get everything removed. but cannot help to think there is still something being left behind somewhere that is causing all this headache, i just cannot find it on any documented directory.

EDIT: did an extensive registry search for everything asus,gskill,ascomsvc,asrog,aura and removed all entries with it. installed 1.00.16 once more and up till now it seems to be opening fine, has not crashed. i still get the odd behavior when i switch off and back to on it will light up for a second then power off until i press the default button then it powers back on to default. im still not getting light on one of the sticks. and even the software does not detect the stick. it only shows 5 leds. if i install version .08(first beta) the software shows all 10 leds but still wont light up one stick. the status.xml is no longer popping up.
                        Last edited by avioni; 06-26-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

and back again to software not opening. changed absolutely nothing but it just stops working for whatever reason a few days into it. same story. the single ram module that works has gone back to default. what a headache these ram are. i bought these day 1 so there was no thread i could check and i regret buying this ram. i have to send them out for RMA for the one module that doesnt light up and as soon as i get replacement they are out the door, no more gskill for me. theses are 100% pretty garbage.

Comment

My God!! After ALL THAT, G.Skill STILL won't give you a refund? I am speechless that this has continued this long and they are still refusing to just give people their money back.

Comment

Yeah, if it was a matter of a few bad sticks that ultimately could be replaced with good sticks to get you what you paid for then fine. But that's not the situation. We were sold a product in February that we were led to believe would have software by the end of February that would give us the product functioning as advertised.

It is July tomorrow. Still broken beta software, and only 3 versions of broken beta software in all that time.

Not to mention the SPD issues that G.Skill seems to be hiding from.

We were lied to. G.Skill took our money for a product that they have not delivered.

For those of us who build gaming PCs, how long do you hold onto your current platform? I hold on to mine for several years, maybe 4-5, but I know that many upgrade almost every cycle or every other cycle.

Point being, for many the window for which they intended to use this RAM is 25% over.

For me, I had a theme going with my latest PC build. This RAM was really going to be the most eye-catching part, the focal point. I'm sitting here with an odd non-integrated RGB scheme with my G.Skill RAM in rainbow wave.

My system is built. I'm done with that part. It isn't what I was trying for because this RAM was never what it was advertised as.
                              Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                              Intel i5 7600k
                              Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                              4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                              1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                              Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

I have tried to get a refund from them and nothing. I'm doing another build and I'm not using their ram ever again. Customer service is not good and they will not try to do anything to fix my issues or any of our issues. Is July and the software still does not work and according to them, it was going to be released on February without beta. Still waiting.........................

Comment

Working...
                                X