No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3% cpu usage with memory sync enabled in armoury crate on lightningservice.exe 0% when de selected while my other strips are still checked, never was an issue before with my corsair memory

Comment

• An update was just posted here: https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...-beta-releases

Download: http://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/...l-v1.00.26.zip

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
      Changelog:
      - Disabled logging to disk

We're still looking into the memory usage when External Sync/Razer Chroma is enabled.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

• It does't work with 1.00.26 either they bassicly broke support for ryzen 9 3900x on asus x570-e

Comment

• ryzen 9 5950x
          razer taichi x570
          64 gb gskill trident z rgb 4266 ddr4 set to 4000

my issue is the RGB is not consistent. i have the rgb software to sync with razer chroma. sometimes all the rgb is fine and sync'ed. other times only a couple sticks are syncd'ed or all the rgb is off and there is no way to get it back on till i restart the pc and even then it might not fix the issue. i have seen other say its a ryzen issue. any more info or fixes would be appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by ASHKANIMOUS View Post
            ryzen 9 5950x
            razer taichi x570
            64 gb gskill trident z rgb 4266 ddr4 set to 4000

my issue is the RGB is not consistent. i have the rgb software to sync with razer chroma. sometimes all the rgb is fine and sync'ed. other times only a couple sticks are syncd'ed or all the rgb is off and there is no way to get it back on till i restart the pc and even then it might not fix the issue. i have seen other say its a ryzen issue. any more info or fixes would be appreciated
            Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Are you using the latest software versions?

To reset lighting, shut down all power including from power supply, press power button, then reboot the system to see if it can work better.

Comment

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Are you using the latest software versions?

To reset lighting, shut down all power including from power supply, press power button, then reboot the system to see if it can work better.
              Yes latest bios and SW versions. It's inconsistent sometimes the RGB works on all 4 dimms / or some of the dims or none . It's not a terrible issue just annoying.

Comment

• Do you have any other RGB lighting software installed? It is possible some times there is conflicting signal causing the issue. Have you tried motherboard software to see if it can work better?

Comment

Do you have any other RGB lighting software installed? It is possible some times there is conflicting signal causing the issue. Have you tried motherboard software to see if it can work better?
                  Yes so currently I have the gskill RGB sync'ed with razer chroma. All my RGB is syncing with chroma SW

Comment

Must be hard to understand older vision works fine and just beta vision and newest vision having issues, and now weeks later feel like i am still being ignored, obviously this is the last kit i am gonna buy from g skill, if had nothing but issues with rgb software with these sticks aditional load and glitchy rgb effects or either non of that but aditional cpu load, these sticks are not working with armoury crate at all as advertised its a mess.

Comment

• Can't control brightness through Chroma connect. Would be nice if it was implemented through razer synapse or if you could control the brightness while also having it synced through chroma connect ( changing the brightness through gskill rgb software disconnects it from chroma connect.)

Comment

• New version:
                        Originally posted by Changelog
                        - Added "Run at Startup" option in installer
                        - Fixed CPU usage caused by audio driver access when Music Mode is disabled
                        - Fixed bug where LED lights do not resume after waking up from sleep mode
                        - Removed logging that was unintentionally left in the software
                        - Improved memory usage when Razer Chroma sync is enabled

Notes:
                        - This software supports Trident Z RGB, Trident Z Neo, Trident Z Royal, and Trident Z Royal Elite series DDR4 memory kits.
                        - In case irregular memory usage still occurs when Razer Chroma sync is enabled, disable Ext. Sync, click Apply, then enable Ext. Sync, and click Apply again to free up memory used by the program.
                        Seems to include all the changes from the beta releases and some extra bugfixes.
                        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

• Any update perhaps also contact asus to fix their g skill rgb plugin cos it has glitching rgb flicker when opening software that checks spd for temps for example, while if i removed their plugin and install old one of yours or new one even i have no random rgb flicker but cpu usage go's from 2% baseline to 4% while your software old vision that still works atleast and without armoury crate installed uses 0% cpu usage for atleast 15 to 30 minutes then cpu usage spikes cos of the bug you fixed but another bug you fixed caused it to break for ryzen 3000 series so that update is not useable, so i am stuck with ocasional color flash every 1 minute more or less which is pretty annoying, im pretty frustated and depressed lately cos of all the bad luck i have, i just packaged up my second Samsung g9 oddyssey cos of dead pixels for the 2e time, first 3 now 15+ dead pixels, so please do not ignore me cos it is depressing, i am 100% certain the old vision works the new one does not i may not have tryit your new recent update i will test that tonight when i install windows 10 to go on my usb ssd and boot it up fresh with only the beta installed to have it run 100% correctly as you intended.

Comment

• Ive followed the steps for a clean install and clean uninstall. No other lighting control software is on my machine and still Trident does not recognize my dram. The app only says DRAM not SYNC. Not sure what else could be the problem. msi Meg X299 Creation with Royal memory
                            Last edited by scribe; 08-19-2021, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scribe View Post
                              Ive followed the steps for a clean install and clean uninstall. No other lighting control software is on my machine and still Trident does not recognize my dram. The app only says DRAM not SYNC. Not sure what else could be the problem. msi Meg X299 Creation with Royal memory
                              I ended up fixing my own problem by simply shutting the computer down letting it sit a couple minutes and powering it back on. Now Trident RGB says SYNC and all the settings work in the app. I followed all the instructions for rebooting but it was the hard shutdown and power on that seems to have fixed the problem. I hope this helps others, cheers!

Comment

• THREAD NECRO

I fixed the USB problem. It was Gigabyte's Fusion software and the RAM control. I just deleted two files from the Gigabyte software's root folder that controlled RAM, and that USB problem went away.

Yesterday, I changed Z lighting to Music, and it worked. Today, back selecting Music just turns off RAM lighting.

I like the Music option the best.

Is there any fix to get the Music option working? I'd really like to use it!

I JUST SOLVED IT. You have to choose the Sound>Output Device for the Z Lighting software too. Set the Trident X Lighting Output to the same output as your music.

So stoked!
                                Last edited by dwd1961; 02-08-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X