Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnnoyedUser View Post

Hello,

Thanks for taking your time to try and replicate my build with the NZXT CAM and PowerColor DevilZone app for the troubleshooting and apologies for my snarkiness. I followed all of the steps you've outlined above to ensure that I have removed all residual install files (note that the .bat file that I ran did not appear to have executed any removal, presumably because the directories associated with the install were all removed) and unfortunately I am still getting a UAC prompt come up on my end. I've included pictures of the UAC prompt (sorry for quality, screenshotting is disabled with UAC prompt in focus). I have omitted the details pane as there are quite a bit of info there that I'm not sure if you need.

I'm not sure if I should keep trying at this point. I also want to note that I forgot to include one additional RGB control software in my original post, and that is the Cooler Master Portal control software for my keyboard. I have not yet tried to uninstall this software to test if UAC will continue prompting.
    This is really stumping us at tech support. Would you also mind letting us know which UAC level you're setting? There should be Off-Low-Medium-High. As well as confirming the Windows 10 version. You indicated Windows 10 2019, but there hasn't been a release under the version number 2019 (either type "winver" under the start menu or in the "Run" dialogue will display this information).

We'll pass this information to the software team to see if they're able to figure out anything there. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post

This is really stumping us at tech support. Would you also mind letting us know which UAC level you're setting? There should be Off-Low-Medium-High. As well as confirming the Windows 10 version. You indicated Windows 10 2019, but there hasn't been a release under the version number 2019 (either type "winver" under the start menu or in the "Run" dialogue will display this information).

We'll pass this information to the software team to see if they're able to figure out anything there. Thanks.
      I am currently on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). My UAC settings are at the default medium setting.

Comment

• Chances are this is all on Microsofts end and not G.Skill. Hate to say it but you might want to try updating your version of windows to 2004. That might clear up the issue. If you are not getting the prompt to update your version you can do it manually by downloading their Media Creation Tool at:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky64 View Post
          Chances are this is all on Microsofts end and not G.Skill. Hate to say it but you might want to try updating your version of windows to 2004. That might clear up the issue. If you are not getting the prompt to update your version you can do it manually by downloading their Media Creation Tool at:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Good Luck!
          Hi there, I appreciate your suggestion and thought it was a worthwhile try. I updated to Windows 10 Ver 2004 (OS Build 19041.329) and unfortunately UAC is still prompting. At this point I think there is just something machine specific or some additional software I have that is interfering, perhaps.

Comment

• If you suspect another software interfering and you have a spare drive available, maybe try a fresh windows install on that with only the basic drivers and TZLC.

I have tried to replicate your issue myself, but did not manage to get UAC prompts from the latest version of TZLC.
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

• I read an article about why the newest version of windows is not being rolled out to everyone. It has something to do with security issues aka UAC. Evidentially UAC is preventing the new update. I also read manually updating will not correct the issue because it does not overwrite the existing UAC. So it sounds like those people will have to do a complete wipe of their drive and reinstall a new session of windows.

I'm not sure if you are one of those people that have been affected by the faulty UAC, but it kind of sounds like you are.

Comment

• Hey I'm thankful for the active discussion on my issue (and thank you emissary42 for attempting to re-create my issue as well). I was hoping that it would not come down to a Windows re-install issue at the moment (I might just have to live without the RGB control instead since I have a lot of stuff I would need to back up).

Sparky64 That is very interesting about the "faulty UAC" issue. Do you happen to have a link to the article so I can learn more about it? I didn't seem to have an issue updating to the newest version of Windows 10 (ver 2004), and no other software that I currently have installed will prompt UAC at bootup either.

Comment

• I'm having the "high CPU usage" issue with TridentZ Lighting Control - it forces max turbo clocks (see image) and stays there until I close TZLC.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	tridentz_light_ctrl_small.png
Views:	715
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	164974
                  There are no other lighting control app's or other RGB software installed or have been installed previously, so nothing obvious conflicting (no Dragon Centre/Mystic Light for example).
                  I've even followed the clean uninstall procedure for TZLC and reinstalled, but the issue remains.

Hardware:
                  - MSI MEG Z390 ACE BIOS MS-7B12v17 (1.70)
                  - Intel Core i9 9900K
                  - TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
                  - Palit GameRock 1080
                  - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB NVMe M.2 boot drive + 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe M.2 and a few other storage SSD's
                  - Seasonic 850 FX

OS - Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 (2004)

All other RGB hardware (fans etc.) is connected to separate hardware controllers. No motherboard or software interaction.

The RGB of the RAM when no software is installed goes out of sync very quickly and looks yukky next to the rest.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Texy

Comment

• I also have the same high CPU usage issue

Hardware:
                    -Intel Core i9 9900k
                    -Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
                    -Crucial P1 SSD 1TB M.2
                    - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
                    -MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
                    -Corsair RM 750x
                    -NZXT X73

Comment

• Originally posted by Yus4ku View Post
                      I also have the same high CPU usage issue

Hardware:
                      -Intel Core i9 9900k
                      -Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
                      -Crucial P1 SSD 1TB M.2
                      - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
                      -MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
                      -Corsair RM 750x
                      -NZXT X73
                      Originally posted by Texy View Post
                      I'm having the "high CPU usage" issue with TridentZ Lighting Control - it forces max turbo clocks (see image) and stays there until I close TZLC.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	tridentz_light_ctrl_small.png
Views:	715
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	164974
                      There are no other lighting control app's or other RGB software installed or have been installed previously, so nothing obvious conflicting (no Dragon Centre/Mystic Light for example).
                      I've even followed the clean uninstall procedure for TZLC and reinstalled, but the issue remains.

Hardware:
                      - MSI MEG Z390 ACE BIOS MS-7B12v17 (1.70)
                      - Intel Core i9 9900K
                      - TridentZ RGB F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR
                      - Palit GameRock 1080
                      - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB NVMe M.2 boot drive + 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe M.2 and a few other storage SSD's
                      - Seasonic 850 FX

OS - Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 (2004)

All other RGB hardware (fans etc.) is connected to separate hardware controllers. No motherboard or software interaction.

The RGB of the RAM when no software is installed goes out of sync very quickly and looks yukky next to the rest.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Texy
                      Can you post the settings for the lighting effect you've set? Best if screenshot of the software can be provided.

Comment

Can you post the settings for the lighting effect you've set? Best if screenshot of the software can be provided.
                        Thanks for the response.

I have solved the issue since posting but did not realise it until you requested the screenshot - I had not tried reinstalling TZLC since I posted about the issue.

But when I installed TZLC again just now to provide the screenshot, the issue is gone!

Here is what changed / fixed the issue:

Realtek drivers for on-board audio force installed Nahimic 3 for audio effects and control - I HATE Nahimic because it's unnecessary and bloaty - but there is no way to opt out of installing it with recent Realtek drivers.
                        So, I found an old discrete PCI-E sound card, uninstalled all realtek and Nahimic software, disabled on-board audio and installed the discrete sound card.

Voilà! The issue is gone!

This adds fuel to my hate of Nahimic.

For information and because you requested it, here is a screenshot of the effect set - but CPU usage was high with all effects.

Kind regards,

Texy
                        Last edited by Texy; 07-30-2020, 02:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texy View Post

Thanks for the response.

I have solved the issue since posting but did not realise it until you requested the screenshot - I had not tried reinstalling TZLC since I posted about the issue.

But when I installed TZLC again just now to provide the screenshot, the issue is gone!

Here is what changed / fixed the issue:

Realtek drivers for on-board audio force installed Nahimic 3 for audio effects and control - I HATE Nahimic because it's unnecessary and bloaty - but there is no way to opt out of installing it with recent Realtek drivers.
                          So, I found an old discrete PCI-E sound card, uninstalled all realtek and Nahimic software, disabled on-board audio and installed the discrete sound card.

Voilà! The issue is gone!

This adds fuel to my hate of Nahimic.

For information and because you requested it, here is a screenshot of the effect set - but CPU usage was high with all effects.

Kind regards,

Texy
                          Thanks for the screenshot, and we're glad you fixed the issue. We haven't been able to pinpoint any sources for causing any kind of high CPU usage, but it's very helpful with this piece of information regarding the Nahimic driver/software, we'll have our team test it out and look into it.

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot, and we're glad you fixed the issue. We haven't been able to pinpoint any sources for causing any kind of high CPU usage, but it's very helpful with this piece of information regarding the Nahimic driver/software, we'll have our team test it out and look into it.
                            If you need any further details and/or information - driver versions for example - please let me know

Kind regards,

Texy

Comment

• Originally posted by Texy View Post

If you need any further details and/or information - driver versions for example - please let me know

Kind regards,

Texy
                              Much appreciated. Actually, that would help if you still have those. It'd help us get started.

- Driver name (or which specific product model the driver is for. sometimes motherboard vendors might switch between multiple audio chip solutions on a single motherboard model, so it would help us if there's a specific model number for the audio chip)
                              - Where was the driver downloaded from (e.g. Windows Update, motherboard website, or original vendor website)
                              - Driver version (for both realtek and nahimic drivers).

Comment

Much appreciated. Actually, that would help if you still have those. It'd help us get started.

- Driver name (or which specific product model the driver is for. sometimes motherboard vendors might switch between multiple audio chip solutions on a single motherboard model, so it would help us if there's a specific model number for the audio chip)
                                - Where was the driver downloaded from (e.g. Windows Update, motherboard website, or original vendor website)
                                - Driver version (for both realtek and nahimic drivers).
                                Driver name (or product model) - ALC 1220 Codec with ESS Audio DAC - I'm not sure this is what you're looking for. Let me know if it's not.

Driver downloaded (as a package) from MSI website motherboard specific support page - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...ver&Win10%2064

Realtek driver version (includes Nahimic APO driver) - 6.0.8975.1
                                Nahimic Mirroring Device - 8.51.48.758
                                A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component driver version - 1.8.2.0
                                Realtek Audio Effects Component - 11.0.6000.787
                                Realtek Audio Universal Service - 1.0.0.268
                                Realtek Hardware Support Application - 11.0.6000.222

Realtek Audio Control (from Microsoft Store) - 1.14.222.0
                                Nahimic UI (from Microsoft Store) - 1.4.9

NEW information to further diagnose and replicate the issue:

- with nothing connected to any audio output the issue does not appear.

- with headphones/speakers plugged into the main audio output port (Front Channel) on the rear I/O panel of the motherboard OR plugged into the secondary output port (Headphones) on the front I/O panel of the case, a reboot/restart will raise the issue.

- with headphones/speakers plugged into the REAR I/O panel, closing TZLC (right-click TZLC tray icon and Exit) and then performing a reboot/restart (TZLC still starting with windows), causes the issue to NOT appear. Subsequent reboots/restarts WITHOUT closing TZLC cause the issue to appear.

- with headphones/speakers plugged into the FRONT I/O panel of the case, closing TZLC and then performing a reboot/restart (TZLC still starting with windows), the issue still appears.

Unplugging headphones/speakers from the main audio output port on the REAR I/O panel causes the issue to appear.

Connecting headphones/speakers to an alternate source output (discrete sound card in this case) causes the issue to appear.

Connecting headphones/speakers to the headphone port of the display (NVidia HD Audio) does NOT cause the issue to appear.

It seems like the Auto-Detect Audio Output (port detection?) may be a factor somehow.

Hope this helps.
                                If you need anything further, please ask

Kind regards,

Texy

[EDIT to add more information]

To provide the above information, I re-enabled and reinstalled Realtek onboard sound and Nahimic drivers.

Now, even after removing Realtek and Nahimic completely with DDU and disabling the onboard audio device, unplugging headphones/speakers from discrete sound card causes the issue to appear.

I hadn't noticed this happen last time, because I didn't have TZLC installed when I switched from onboard to discrete.

If I don't unplug headphones/speakers from discrete card the issue does not appear.

So, it might not be Realtek & Nahimic at the root. (still glad to be rid of them, though )

Does this add to the port auto-detection hypothesis?

I guess my next step is a clean format reinstall of Windows without any traces of Realtek/Nahimic... maybe over the weekend

Regards,

Texy
                                Last edited by Texy; 07-31-2020, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X