Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
    Just out of curiosity, which lighting effect do you have set, when you let it run and the software ends up using high CPU usage? We'll stick to the lighting effects that you've set when we run our tests, to see if it's specific to certain effects. This might increase the chances of us being able to replicate the issue.

And when you see the high CPU usage, could you let us know if you change and apply the lighting effect to static, would the CPU usage of hid.exe change or remain the same? We know you said you've tried to change it to Cycle and the issue remains, but it would be great if you could help confirm if the same occurs when changing to Static.

Again, all we're asking is to uninstall/reinstall to check for us, because some LED drivers can remain on the system even if the software may be uninstalled, and the clean uninstall with the BAT file would uninstall the stray LED drivers that are left on the system from previous software uninstall/reinstalls. And since we are currently unable to replicate the issue on our test systems, it would be much quicker to test using a known setup that is experiencing the issue. So it would greatly help the troubleshooting process if you can help us confirm this.

Thank you.
    I am using Cycle. Uninstalling your software isn't a simple affair, far from it, it's a multi-step process that involves running a batch file and also uninstalling RGB Fusion which means I have to spend another 5-10 minutes going in and setting 9 different lighting zones to Cycle at a certain speed.

Unless you can convince me that RGB Fusion is the culprit, which I HIGHLY doubt is the case considering the version I have CAN'T EVEN SEE THE MODULES LET ALONE CONTROL THEM.

This means THAT THERE IS ZERO ATTEMPTED COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SAID SOFTWARE AND YOUR MODULES and therefore there should be zero conflict.

Additionally, RGB fusion isn't even running when the high CPU usage problem crops up, RGB Fusion is auto-task killed within 90 seconds of booting the PC, it simply sets the lighting of the mobo and distribution plate and then shuts off.

Your modules look great, but I think this may be my last time with your products because this isn't the first time I've had a problem where the only work you do on your end is a combination of incredulity and copy+paste "Please re-install the software".

https://youtu.be/3KoXblNRlDY

Uninstalling and re-installing the software isn't going to work because your software was clean installed to begin with!

We have a problem and it's 100% your software but you refuse to look into it! Instead you tell us that we should re-install the software, what a joke!

FIX YOUR ****ING SOFTWARE PLEASE.

Comment

• In regards to high CPU usage, we ran idle tests, with or without RGB Fusion (both B18 and B20 versions), in combination with the Trident Z Lighting Control software v1.00.08, and have not been able to reproduce high CPU usage.

Our tests also finds there is a possibility of driver conflict with the old B18 RGB Fusion version that would cause the Trident Z software to not be able to detect the memory for lighting control.

We found better lighting control results with the latest version of RGB Fusion (B20.0330.1), as long as you only have one software open in the background for lighting control. We are unable to support old and outdated third party software versions.

In terms of memory detection, as long as there are older or conflicting drivers present on the system, it may cause memory detection to fail, which is why we have the clean uninstall instructions to try and remove the older drivers hidden on the system. It is possible for old or problematic drivers to be still installed in the OS, even when the third party software is uninstalled, which is why we have the clean uninstall instructions.

Ultimately, if we are unable to properly reproduce the issue you are experiencing, then we will be unable to identify where and how to fix the issue. We appreciate your understanding.

Comment

In regards to high CPU usage, we ran idle tests, with or without RGB Fusion (both B18 and B20 versions), in combination with the Trident Z Lighting Control software v1.00.08, and have not been able to reproduce high CPU usage.

Our tests also finds there is a possibility of driver conflict with the old B18 RGB Fusion version that would cause the Trident Z software to not be able to detect the memory for lighting control.

We found better lighting control results with the latest version of RGB Fusion (B20.0330.1), as long as you only have one software open in the background for lighting control. We are unable to support old and outdated third party software versions.

In terms of memory detection, as long as there are older or conflicting drivers present on the system, it may cause memory detection to fail, which is why we have the clean uninstall instructions to try and remove the older drivers hidden on the system. It is possible for old or problematic drivers to be still installed in the OS, even when the third party software is uninstalled, which is why we have the clean uninstall instructions.

Ultimately, if we are unable to properly reproduce the issue you are experiencing, then we will be unable to identify where and how to fix the issue. We appreciate your understanding.
        The problem can take hours to crop up, youre not going to see it right away. The thing is that RGB Fusion isn't even implicated in the problem seeing as how it's only on for the first 90-120 seconds after booting the PC to assign the RGB to the other RGB components and then RGBFusion.exe is auto-task killed because it prevents the display from going to sleep. It's just your software that is the problem and the problem can take hours to crop up. If you can please run G.Skill software for 24 hours and periodically check HID.exe CPU usage.

Again, the issue cannot possibly be a conflict between any version of RGB Fusion and your software BECAUSE UNLIKE YOUR SOFTWARE RGB FUSION DOESN'T NEED TO RUN CONTINUOUSLY.

Once it sets the RGB to "cycle" pattern it's no longer needed and is auto-task killed within 90 seconds of PC booting, again because it prevents the display from going to sleep.

There is no RGB Fusion software whatsover running and it therefore it can't possibly be a conflict.

Let G.Skill software run for 24 hours, if you don't have a runaway CPU usage problem between 8-15% I will be surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by vulcan78 View Post
          If you can please run G.Skill software for 24 hours and periodically check HID.exe CPU usage.
          Sub 2% on my 9900K with V1.00.08 after 133h system uptime (one large renderjob).
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

The problem can take hours to crop up, youre not going to see it right away. The thing is that RGB Fusion isn't even implicated in the problem seeing as how it's only on for the first 90-120 seconds after booting the PC to assign the RGB to the other RGB components and then RGBFusion.exe is auto-task killed because it prevents the display from going to sleep. It's just your software that is the problem and the problem can take hours to crop up. If you can please run G.Skill software for 24 hours and periodically check HID.exe CPU usage.

Again, the issue cannot possibly be a conflict between any version of RGB Fusion and your software BECAUSE UNLIKE YOUR SOFTWARE RGB FUSION DOESN'T NEED TO RUN CONTINUOUSLY.

Once it sets the RGB to "cycle" pattern it's no longer needed and is auto-task killed within 90 seconds of PC booting, again because it prevents the display from going to sleep.

There is no RGB Fusion software whatsover running and it therefore it can't possibly be a conflict.

Let G.Skill software run for 24 hours, if you don't have a runaway CPU usage problem between 8-15% I will be surprised.
            1. We understand that it doesn't crop up right away. We've had test and work systems running continuously and have not been able to see your issue. This is a screenshot of one of our work systems that has Trident Z RGB modules installed, with the Trident Z Lighting Control software running 24/7 until it's rebooted once every week or two. In this screenshot, it's been on for 7 days. On this system and other test systems, we have not been able to replicate the high CPU usage issue you have experienced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	task manager hid cpu usage.png
Views:	2410
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	164259

2. Again, it's not about the RGB Fusion software that we're concerned about. It's about the lighting driver files that RGB Fusion installs on the system. From the beginning we've been trying to explain that this may be the cause of conflicts that may result in the high CPU usage. But we are unable to replicate such issues on our test systems, even if we install the same version of RGB Fusion that you have indicated. This is why we ask you to try a clean uninstall and update the RGB Fusion software to see whether or not if it's an old/outdated driver file that's causing the CPU usage.

3. Gigabyte likely has their hardware designed to store light settings (such as a controller chip on the motherboard), and continue to display the set lighting effect even if RGB Fusion is closed or end tasked. Our memory is designed to continuously receive lighting instructions from the software for lighting effects; there is no chip to remember the set lighting effect, which means that the memory lighting effects require the software (hid.exe) to be running for lighting effects to be active. In any case, this communication between software and hardware depends on driver files, which leads us back to point #2.

Comment

• Don't know if it is the latest update causing this but:

I had the Trident Z LC software running since last week on this new build, then had ASUS Aura installed but those two were clashing so I got rid of Aura and re-installed TZLC. Last week when my PC boots TZLC software booted up automatically no issue, now with the latest version every time when it auto runs on boot it asks for permission to make changes to my computer. Kinda annoying and I don't know if this is caused by the latest version/update?

Comment

• Hello people,

I am new here, but i have issues with RGB lights on my trident z neo sticks, exactly two units of F4-3600C16-8GTZNC model.

I usually use MSI Dragon Center, but after a hibernation of the PC the memories stayed on and stopped detecting them in the MSI Dragon Center software.

So therefore, I decided to install G.Skill Software to see if they "woke up" and thus detected them, totally unaware of the software conflict that existed and that I later read later … :/

The software worked the first time and the MSI Dragon Center detected them too, so I started to browse the effects of the G.Skill software (for my taste, much more worked than the competition here) but in this case, my setup works full sync mystic light, so I needed the Dragon Center.

After uninstalling the G.Skill software and restarting, in the process I see that it blinks several times and returns to normal.

But this time what happens is that in the MSI software, the rainbow effect does not work correctly, a desynchronization occurs causing a jump in the animation. :/

I've been reading corrupted SPD issues and so on and I don't know if exactly the SPD corruption has to do with the lighting itself.

I have looked with the software that you recommend (Thaipoon Burner) and it went crazy giving various results of CRC: OK and ERROR, but after closing all the softwares and everything that was open, I have checked again and I came out that CRC: OK.

I don't know if the rams have really been damaged or it's a software problem... but I can't fix it, in G.Skill's software the effect works continuously, but in MSI's it doesn't.

It is worth mentioning that I have reinstalled 40 times, I have done clean installations, to the point of completely formatting windows 10 to see if it was the subject of libraries or registers that have been left out there affecting the operation ... nothing has managed to solve it.

I leave you videos proving all this and if you can provide me with an answer or something that illuminates my path, I would appreciate it.

VIDEO HERE WITH RAINBOW EFFECT ON ONLY DRAGON CENTER INSTALLATION:

VIDEO HERE WITH RAINBOW EFFECT ON ONLY G.SKILL SOFTWARE INSTALLATION:

PC PARTS:
                CPU: AMD 3700x
                COOLER: COOLERMASTER ML360R
                MOBO: MSI x570 MPG GAMING PLUS - BIOS VERSION: 7C37vA7
                RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 16GB 3600 MHz CL16
                GPU: MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
                2 SSDS: PNY CS3030 1TB M.2 NVME
                PSU: BITFENIX WHISPER M 750W

DRAGON CENTER VERSION: v2.0.45
                G.SKILL SOFTWARE VERSION: v1.00.17

Any solution to my problem?

Thanks for all.

Best regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kay1989NL View Post
                  Don't know if it is the latest update causing this but:

I had the Trident Z LC software running since last week on this new build, then had ASUS Aura installed but those two were clashing so I got rid of Aura and re-installed TZLC. Last week when my PC boots TZLC software booted up automatically no issue, now with the latest version every time when it auto runs on boot it asks for permission to make changes to my computer. Kinda annoying and I don't know if this is caused by the latest version/update?
                  The latest version 1.00.17 opens with admin rights, so Windows asks you for permission if you have UAC enabled to any level. The popup message will not appear if you disable UAC, but it would be up to you to decide if you want to disable UAC. The admin rights is a result of a security patch for the LED driver.

Originally posted by Sergb93 View Post
                  PC PARTS:
                  CPU: AMD 3700x
                  COOLER: COOLERMASTER ML360R
                  MOBO: MSI x570 MPG GAMING PLUS - BIOS VERSION: 7C37vA7
                  RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO 16GB 3600 MHz CL16
                  GPU: MSI RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
                  2 SSDS: PNY CS3030 1TB M.2 NVME
                  PSU: BITFENIX WHISPER M 750W

DRAGON CENTER VERSION: v2.0.45
                  G.SKILL SOFTWARE VERSION: v1.00.17

Any solution to my problem?
                  SPD corruption is a very old issue that has long since been resolved. It's safe to say that this wouldn't and shouldn't be the case.

We just ran tests with Dragon Center v2.0.45 and TZLC v1.00.17. Here is our analysis and results:

a. Dragon Center seems to re-sync the memory every 3 cycles, but the timing is off, causing the lighting effect to skip or blink, like in your video (thank you for the video, it helps quite a bit). We were able to see this same issue on our own test bench. The re-sync timing, unfortunately, is a MSI software-side issue. We will try to reach out to them, but it may help if you also contact MSI tech support to report this issue.

b. TZLC should re-sync the lighting effect more often, so the skip or jump isn't noticeable.

c. TZLC v1.00.17 and Dragon Center v2.0.45 both uses the memory LED driver v1.0.20.0, so with both these software installed, there shouldn't be any software conflicts (that causes no-module-detected issues). However, if both software are controlling the memory LED, then you'd get erratic behavior, because both software are sending lighting instructions to the memory modules.

The recommended step is to set one software to "OFF" when using the other software to control lighting. For example, if using TZLC to control lighting effects, go to Dragon Center and unlink memory, and then set memory lighting effect to "OFF" and apply. Only then, using TZLC to control lighting effect should have no issues. (This applies vice versa - apply "LED OFF" in TZLC, and enable/link memory lighting in Dragon Center.) When using "LED OFF", the software simply sends a "off" signal and then stops sending LED instructions to the memory modules, which allows the other software to send lighting effect instructions without interruption.

IMPORTANT: This advice of applying "OFF" in one software would only apply if both software uses the same version of LED driver. If the two software do not use the same version of memory LED driver, then it'll be more likely to cause driver conflicts and result in undetectable modules.

Based on this, the memory modules unlikely to be damaged, as it seems to be a software issue instead. We hope this helps.

Comment

The latest version 1.00.17 opens with admin rights, so Windows asks you for permission if you have UAC enabled to any level. The popup message will not appear if you disable UAC, but it would be up to you to decide if you want to disable UAC. The admin rights is a result of a security patch for the LED driver.
                    Thanks for the reply, I guess we have to live with this

Comment

SPD corruption is a very old issue that has long since been resolved. It's safe to say that this wouldn't and shouldn't be the case.

We just ran tests with Dragon Center v2.0.45 and TZLC v1.00.17. Here is our analysis and results:

a. Dragon Center seems to re-sync the memory every 3 cycles, but the timing is off, causing the lighting effect to skip or blink, like in your video (thank you for the video, it helps quite a bit). We were able to see this same issue on our own test bench. The re-sync timing, unfortunately, is a MSI software-side issue. We will try to reach out to them, but it may help if you also contact MSI tech support to report this issue.

b. TZLC should re-sync the lighting effect more often, so the skip or jump isn't noticeable.

c. TZLC v1.00.17 and Dragon Center v2.0.45 both uses the memory LED driver v1.0.20.0, so with both these software installed, there shouldn't be any software conflicts (that causes no-module-detected issues). However, if both software are controlling the memory LED, then you'd get erratic behavior, because both software are sending lighting instructions to the memory modules.

The recommended step is to set one software to "OFF" when using the other software to control lighting. For example, if using TZLC to control lighting effects, go to Dragon Center and unlink memory, and then set memory lighting effect to "OFF" and apply. Only then, using TZLC to control lighting effect should have no issues. (This applies vice versa - apply "LED OFF" in TZLC, and enable/link memory lighting in Dragon Center.) When using "LED OFF", the software simply sends a "off" signal and then stops sending LED instructions to the memory modules, which allows the other software to send lighting effect instructions without interruption.

IMPORTANT: This advice of applying "OFF" in one software would only apply if both software uses the same version of LED driver. If the two software do not use the same version of memory LED driver, then it'll be more likely to cause driver conflicts and result in undetectable modules.

Based on this, the memory modules unlikely to be damaged, as it seems to be a software issue instead. We hope this helps.
                      OMG... Thank you for giving me such a clear, concise answer and giving me some light on this matter.

I've been looking for information on this matter for days, I've formatted windows, reinstalled 40 times, done a thousand tests and I've never received such a clear response.

I performed memtest and windows memory diagnostic to see if it was hardware failure, but it seems not, since I throw 0 errors in all tests... where I had the problem was in the lighting, I understood that this was like a "gif" when the animation ends, restarts, but not so abruptly, I tell you that in your TZLC software it does not happen to me...

The problem comes when I read all the posts of SPD conflicts and corruption of it issues, thinking that I had damaged my modules by simply installing the two softwares at once.

Seen what I've seen and knowing that it looks like a software theme, I'll report this to MSI and I'm more relaxed that my modules are well.

Thank you for the response and the tests you have done.

Comment

1. We understand that it doesn't crop up right away. We've had test and work systems running continuously and have not been able to see your issue. This is a screenshot of one of our work systems that has Trident Z RGB modules installed, with the Trident Z Lighting Control software running 24/7 until it's rebooted once every week or two. In this screenshot, it's been on for 7 days. On this system and other test systems, we have not been able to replicate the high CPU usage issue you have experienced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	task manager hid cpu usage.png
Views:	2410
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	164259

2. Again, it's not about the RGB Fusion software that we're concerned about. It's about the lighting driver files that RGB Fusion installs on the system. From the beginning we've been trying to explain that this may be the cause of conflicts that may result in the high CPU usage. But we are unable to replicate such issues on our test systems, even if we install the same version of RGB Fusion that you have indicated. This is why we ask you to try a clean uninstall and update the RGB Fusion software to see whether or not if it's an old/outdated driver file that's causing the CPU usage.

3. Gigabyte likely has their hardware designed to store light settings (such as a controller chip on the motherboard), and continue to display the set lighting effect even if RGB Fusion is closed or end tasked. Our memory is designed to continuously receive lighting instructions from the software for lighting effects; there is no chip to remember the set lighting effect, which means that the memory lighting effects require the software (hid.exe) to be running for lighting effects to be active. In any case, this communication between software and hardware depends on driver files, which leads us back to point #2.
                        Thanks for the detailed reply and help. Just to clarify, are you using Cycle preset when monitoring CPU usage or does this matter? So the only solution is to update to the newest version of Gigabyte RGB Fusion?

Comment

Just to clarify, are you using Cycle preset when monitoring CPU usage or does this matter?
                          To make sure our setup is as close to yours as possible, we did use the Cycle lighting effect for testing.

Originally posted by vulcan78 View Post
                          So the only solution is to update to the newest version of Gigabyte RGB Fusion?
                          The best chances is with using the latest update of RGB Fusion; that way, if we are able to locate any software-related issues, then we'd be able to reach out to Gigabyte to sync a fix - as opposed to requesting a fix to an outdated software version. Since it's also more likely that both our software and RGB Fusion software to use more recent versions of drivers, which may help reduce the possibilities of early bugs or conflicts that might have already been resolved. Again, since you're experiencing problems, it's recommended to uninstall all LED softwares, and then run our BAT uninstall batch file to ensure that outdated drivers are completely removed for a clean slate, before reinstalling new software versions.

On a related note, the TZLC software has been recently updated. If you're firm on still using the B18 version of RGB Fusion, you can try that first to check and see if the CPU usage issue continues to occur. It's still likely to have driver conflicts though (meaning there may be detection issues), since one is using LED driver versions from two years ago, while the other one is from recent months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kay1989NL View Post
                            Thanks for the reply, I guess we have to live with this
                            We've reported user feedback regarding the message popup to related departments. We'll see if we can get rid of that popup in a software update.

Comment

To make sure our setup is as close to yours as possible, we did use the Cycle lighting effect for testing.

The best chances is with using the latest update of RGB Fusion; that way, if we are able to locate any software-related issues, then we'd be able to reach out to Gigabyte to sync a fix - as opposed to requesting a fix to an outdated software version. Since it's also more likely that both our software and RGB Fusion software to use more recent versions of drivers, which may help reduce the possibilities of early bugs or conflicts that might have already been resolved. Again, since you're experiencing problems, it's recommended to uninstall all LED softwares, and then run our BAT uninstall batch file to ensure that outdated drivers are completely removed for a clean slate, before reinstalling new software versions.

On a related note, the TZLC software has been recently updated. If you're firm on still using the B18 version of RGB Fusion, you can try that first to check and see if the CPU usage issue continues to occur. It's still likely to have driver conflicts though (meaning there may be detection issues), since one is using LED driver versions from two years ago, while the other one is from recent months.
                              Thanks again for the help with this, unfortunately Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 has a lot of problems, I've tried it and I don't like how the colors don't cycle smoothly, they shut off and reset after a certain color and if you attempt to control G.Skill modules with it it does the same there. I don't know what's going on at Gigabyte and why they can't seem to make decent software but I'm afraid that my next motherboard will not be from them. Unlike G.Skill, they have zero community outreach, they don't even respond to inquiries or complaints on their official forum. I'm far from the only one with an issue with this:

https://forum.gigabyte.us/post/new/9269

https://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/927...2-updated-0330

Not sure if you're on good terms with them and have open an open communication channel but if you could relay these issues it may help a lot of us and help them retain customers. RGB Fusion is an utter abomination and needs serious work.

RGB Fusion STILL prevents the display from going to sleep. How they haven't addressed this problem up until now (I don't understand how it's even happening) is beyond me.

So I'm not updating to 2.0. No way, no how, I will just reset my PC every 6-8 hours when hid.exe creeps up to 8-15% CPU utilization.

Question: what is TZLC software? Maybe I will try that.

Comment

Question: what is TZLC software? Maybe I will try that.
                                That is the abbreviation for Trident Z Light Control.
                                Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
                                X