Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorneaz View Post
    Hey guys, remember me ? Yeah, the unfortunate dude who had his ram just go berserk a while ago. I sent these sticks back to the RMA center for exchange and got some after 24 excruciating days (shortage of product). While I was waiting, I bought some new sticks... I mean, did you really think I would wait ? Come on... (I was faithful so I got myself some G.SKILL ram again, the exact same specs to, and everything worked fine with the 1.00.22 beta soft) And it was perfect.

Today, I plug back my new ram, so I have 48 GB of ram now, go figure what I'll do with that BUT - Beware friends... because the events that will follow still fill me with dread and horror...
    With more than 2 sticks at once (I say that because, until now everything worked like heaven), the G.SKILL RGB soft went nuts again and crashed 4 of my 6 sticks, on the spot. I guess you can pretty much imagine the reverse smile that was tearing my face apart... And you can almost taste my tears...

But you now what ? I'm a man, so I cried like a man and then I searched the internet with hope, like a man.
    And I think I found a definitive fix, where I never should have.

I downloaded ASUS aura (you know, the soft from which G.SKILL inspired its own) and guess what, even though I have 0 ASUS hardware on my computer, the software launched and the ram sticks INSTANTLY worked and synced, without bug.
    I mean... Holly molly WTF right ?

So, let's check if it was just dumb luck or if we can finally put this whole story behind us !

Uninstall everything G.SKILL has provided you with (and every ASUS related programs that come with the software installation, generally found in program files x86 as AsLed etc...), reboot your computer, install the ASUS soft and try to start it. It might fail at first, you might need to reboot everything to force its hand (I didn't have to, it went on automatically without reboot).

Use this link :

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

-select your OS
    -select the utilities category
    -download the second version : Aura Version 1.04.42

And for the love of god, please, tell me if it worked for you has well !

(Oh and because we're not holding grudges, wait for the release of the final G.SKILL version of the software, not a beta one, so they don't feel that bad about it...)
    Very interesting. I'm going to try this procedure today. I sincerely hope it solves my problem too. You already have on the Asus website other versions of Aura. Is it better to download the latest?

Comment

• Hello, guys! Its me again. Everything worked great until last week. The memory bugs came back by itself. I searched a new solution but I realize the same process indicated by some: "clear the cmos". So I did that on BIOS again and everthing worked like a charm. I think the problem it's in the frequency, beacuse the only thing I did diferent was increase it. So you guys can try this and confirm? Thank you and good luck!

Update (19/08/17)
      Recently I updated the bios(ASUS IX HERO) and now I can OC the ram and I have full control of the leds by the Asus Aura. No problems until now, going to the second week today. So far so good. 8)
      Last edited by evaldofilho.br; 08-19-2017, 03:16 PM. Reason: Have some news

Comment

• Corsair Utility Engine - may cause problems

TL;DR: Issues may be caused by Corsair Utility Engine. Reinstalling CUE may help.

With all the warnings of potential problems and conflicts with other RGB software, I felt I should post my experience with the Trident RGB. [My apologies if it's already been posted but I'm unable to get the search function to work for the forum or within a thread while logged on.]

Before installing the ram, I searched online to download the G.Skill RGB controller software. Reading that the software was in beta and all the warnings included, I proceeded to follow some of the instructions but ultimately failed doing any of it after some issues with updating the BIOS. Long story short, my BIOS was fine, and was eager just to see it working so I decided to bypass it all.

Before installation, here are my PC details [never in sleep mode]:

i7-6700k 4.4ghz [using built in MOBO boost]
        NZXT Kraken x62 v2 AIO [w/CAM installed for RGB]
        ASUS ROG STRIX OC GTX 1080 ti [w/ASUS GPU Tweak II AURA installed for RGB]
        Z170A Krait Gaming 3X motherboard
        32 GB Trident X RGB 3000 [4x8]
        Corsair Keyboard/Mouse RGB peripherals [controlled by Corsair Utility Engine or CUE]

So as is, there's potential conflict installing the G.Skill RGB software from CAM and AURA according to the documentation.

I've had ZERO issues with this set up for the first 14 days. CAM, AURA, and G.Skill programs run, control, and retain individual settings without issue.

That is until a few days ago, I noticed the RAM was back to factory lighting. The G.Skill program would crash and fail at launch. CAM & AURA would function fine. I vaguely remember something updating on the PC and figured out it was CUE and decided to uninstall. The reasoning for this was that there was a known issue with CUE conflicting with Mass Effect Andromeda at launch and the fix was to reinstall at the time. Link below for further reading.
        https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...tility_engine/

I now have full RGB functionality, and was able to reinstall CUE again with no issues so far.

Cheers,
        M.

Comment

• One stick LED DEAD!

One day after I turn on my computer, I noticed that one stick was stuck in part of the transition of blue to purple while the other one was going from blue to purple as normal, so I tried to change it a few times and nothing worked, so I decided to restart my pc. After it was on again, now the stick that was frozen is dead now. HWinfo still shows that it's running all 16gb of my ram though, and i tried uninstalling the tridentz rgb softwar (the "right way") and reinstalling it to see if something would change, and it says that it has no tridentz rgb modules...
          WELP!

Comment

• One stick LED DEAD!

One day after I turn on my computer, I noticed that one stick was stuck in part of the transition of blue to purple while the other one was going from blue to purple as normal, so I tried to change it a few times and nothing worked, so I decided to restart my pc. After it was on again, now the stick that was frozen is dead now. HWinfo still shows that it's running all 16gb of my ram though, and i tried uninstalling the tridentz rgb softwar (the "right way") and reinstalling it to see if something would change, and it says that it has no tridentz rgb modules...
            WELP!

SPECS:
            Ryzen 7 1700
            MSI MORTAR ARCTIC B350M
            TRIDENTZ RGB 8GBx2 (16GB)
            ASUS STRIX GTX 970

Comment

• Hi GMuttz,

Please contact techsupport@gskill.com and include the specs you've listed, as well as your BIOS version and the serial numbers of the memory (it's under the barcode on the label of each module). Our tech support team should be able to help you further, whether it's troubleshooting or determine if an RMA replacement is needed. Thanks!

Comment

• Unistall Loop

When going to install the software im getting a prompt "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its components?" but when go through with it and try to run it again to install, I get the same prompt about uninstalling, it won't go through installation process. just a uninstall loop.

Comment

• 1. Try going into the Control Panel and see if the G.SKILL Trident Z RGB software is listed. If it is listed, please uninstall from the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs.

2. Please make sure you've used the "Unblock" method, when you extract the installer and its contents. http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14713

3. Please do make sure that you've been using the installer for v1.00.28.

If that still doesn't work, please let us know. Thank you!

Comment

• Hey GSKILL, it's been 3 days since I sent an RMA to GSKILL with my specs and everything, no answer so far, I really need a new ram stick!

Comment

• Hi GMuttz,

Can you send an email to our RMA team in North America/USA at rma@gskillusa.com? They should be able to help you in checking if your RMA request has gone through or any updates. If you're not located in North or South American region, please check with rma@gskill.com.

In the meantime, please also check your spam inbox to see if you received anything from rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com. Thank you.

Comment

• I had v1.00.08 installed previously. I noticed v1.00.28 available, so I downloaded it. When I first tried to uninstall the old version, I was getting error messages. So I used IObit Uninstaller to completely uninstall it. That was successful. Once that was out of the way, I tried installing the new version and now I'm getting another error "An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed."

I tried removing the "NeedReboot" flag in the article listed below and that did not help. I'm still getting the same error...

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...lation?t=14764

I've also checked "Unblock" in the properties and tried installing with "Run as administrator".

Again, v1.00.08 worked just fine prior to all of this. Now I'm screwed and have no software installed. Does anyone have a solution to this error? Win10 64bit with 32gb of trident z rgb.

PS - I've emailed, called (spoke to Alex who referred me back to email), posted here, and pm'ed... it's been days and not one response. Pathetic customer support.

Comment

• Gigabytre Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 board, 8700K CPU

G.Skill RGB Software installed alright, but the sticks are not showing up in the software, so I can't sync the rainbow effect etc.
                          Asus STRIX Z270F
                          i7700k
                          16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Comment

• naujoks,

Can you PM me the BIOS version of the motherboard, and the serial numbers of the memory modules? The serial numbers should be located on each label of each module, under the bar code, and starts with a "17-" or "18-". Also, the memory model number, so we have an idea of how many modules you have installed.

If the software doesn't detect the modules, the software shouldn't be able to open. Is the software opening successfully? Or are there just some modules that you can't control?

Comment

• I have z370 extreme 4 and i have the usual bug where on RAM slots A2,B2 the ram modules are not detected by the gskill software. Is there any fix yet for Asrock motherboards?

Comment

• mouraklanis,

Would you mind PMing me the memory model, module serial numbers, and the BIOS version of the motherboard?

Comment

Working...
                                X