No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With how very little communication there's been about future updates it kinda sounds like they've given up on actually fixing this in a timely manner and I'm giving up on the RAM. Shame because when it did work it looked really beautiful but at this point I'm down to 1 working stick out of 4 and honestly that's just unacceptable.

Comment

• Hi,

Does anyone know where we stand legally on this ?

It's now getting past a joke.

Thanks

Comment

• We're not giving up yet guys. The issues are a lot more complex than most people think. At the moment, we're exploring the possible solutions we can think of.

If you do have a problem, please do email our tech support team at techsupport@gskill.com. It may take a few days, since we do review each case and email. And because the issues have varying causes, not everyone's solution is the same, even if it's just a "dim stick of ram".

We've been working on the next software version and should be ready soon.

Comment

• How about an explanation

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
          We're not giving up yet guys. The issues are a lot more complex than most people think. At the moment, we're exploring the possible solutions we can think of.

If you do have a problem, please do email our tech support team at techsupport@gskill.com. It may take a few days, since we do review each case and email. And because the issues have varying causes, not everyone's solution is the same, even if it's just a "dim stick of ram".

We've been working on the next software version and should be ready soon.
          OK it's a complex issue. How about some technical detail? What exactly is the problem, and what is G.Skill doing to resolve it? How does the upcoming software release differ from previous releases? Are you implementing the required mutex to access the SMB Buss with the proper interlocks? Are you actually getting other companies like ASUS to fix their poorly coded utilities? Some details would be appreciated.

I see stories about multiple RMAs and corrupted SPD data. Now customers are talking about law suits. Time is of the essence to resolve this properly. Using customers as Guinea pigs and refusing to issue refunds to those who have decided to move on is not a strategy that is going to work out well for anyone. I think it would be beneficial for G.Skill to post details of the root cause and the solution being developed as opposed to saying "Its complex". Does anyone else feel this way?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillB View Post
            OK it's a complex issue. How about some technical detail? What exactly is the problem, and what is G.Skill doing to resolve it? How does the upcoming software release differ from previous releases? Are you implementing the required mutex to access the SMB Buss with the proper interlocks? Are you actually getting other companies like ASUS to fix their poorly coded utilities? Some details would be appreciated.

I see stories about multiple RMAs and corrupted SPD data. Now customers are talking about law suits. Time is of the essence to resolve this properly. Using customers as Guinea pigs and refusing to issue refunds to those who have decided to move on is not a strategy that is going to work out well for anyone. I think it would be beneficial for G.Skill to post details of the root cause and the solution being developed as opposed to saying "Its complex". Does anyone else feel this way?
            I agree with you 100%.

Comment

• The worrying part is that they say YET.

Comment

• Going from 3 of 4 working RGB sticks to 1 of 4 working after the tech support email "fix" was a bit of a frustration. Clearly a software issue that should have been resolved before releasing the product/software together. I understand them wanting to jump on the RGB hype but its really sad that you buy a product only to have to play email tag to try and get it to function as advertised.

Comment

• Originally posted by hyphen951 View Post
                  Going from 3 of 4 working RGB sticks to 1 of 4 working after the tech support email "fix" was a bit of a frustration. Clearly a software issue that should have been resolved before releasing the product/software together. I understand them wanting to jump on the RGB hype but its really sad that you buy a product only to have to play email tag to try and get it to function as advertised.
                  Also don't forget. If you RMA, you will be paying for the shipping for something that has not worked from the beginning.

Comment

• Motherboard: asus Rampage V 10th edition x99

my issues are not very unique , basically Asus AURA won't sync the RGB effects with the sticks , also sometimes it can crash the OS after a reboot

if i remove AURA and kept G.Skill RGB app it won't crash the OS , the memory SPD was enabled in the bios too

i did get it work but it works solo , no sync effects happening at all

BSOD when i re-installed AURA

Last edited by kinjx11; 05-19-2017, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• kinjx11,

Asus Aura needs to be v1.04.29 or later for it to support Trident Z RGB. Might want to check with ASUS if there's a version of Aura for the Rampage V 10 Edition that can support Trident Z RGB.

Our software only works with Trident Z RGB modules, it won't control the lighting on other devices.

Comment

• plz check the error code i added above

Comment

• kinjx11,

Can you run Memtest86+, Windows Memory Diagnostic, or memory testing software and see if there's anything wrong with the memory? The BSOD message is sometimes related to bad memory IC.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                            kinjx11,

Asus Aura needs to be v1.04.29 or later for it to support Trident Z RGB. Might want to check with ASUS if there's a version of Aura for the Rampage V 10 Edition that can support Trident Z RGB.

Our software only works with Trident Z RGB modules, it won't control the lighting on other devices.
                            my Mobo is ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 x99

latest AURA app is AURA V1.03.48

Comment

• Anyone here hear back from GSkill in regards to dead LEDs?

Comment

• Problem with 2 gskill ramsticks.

Hi,

I've 4 ramsticks of 8 gb from gskill tridenz rgb in my computer. They're on my X99a motherboard from msi. the software only recognizes the last 2 sticks. But the first 2 it doesn't recognize for some kind of reason. the software always crashes the first time.
                                https://drdump.com/Problem.aspx?Prob...79&Login=guest
                                the 2nd time it boots up normally.
                                My ramsticks are in port 1,3,5 and 7
                                the gskill software recognizes the ramsticks in port 5 and 7 but not in port 1 and 3 .

I hope you can help me with this problem

Regards, Patriek

Comment

Working...
                                X