X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedSector
    replied
    Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
    V22 stop the single module getting stuck, so does uninstall it and clearing the residual power for full rainbow effect. But this new one I have no control over DIMMS with and have someone with Ryzen 5000 series MSI board testing now as well and confirmed working for him.

So for my system, the DIMM control on the left has no selectable modules.
    Last edited by RedSector; 12-04-2020, 03:01 AM. Reason: added 5000 series update works.

Leave a comment:

• emissary42
    replied
    Originally posted by Papadon View Post
    emissary42 - hi there, any updates on a release date for this? the rainbow is killing me!
    The update is already available @ https://www.gskill.com/download/1502...GB,-Royal,-Neo)

(direct link https://www.gskill.com/gskill-device...l-v1.00.22.zip )

Leave a comment:

• RedSector
    replied
    Originally posted by Papadon View Post
    G. Skill 64GB DDR4000 kit here with new Ryzen 5800x - confirmed no working RGB in G. Skill software. Using ASRock B550 which has horrible software, and no working RAM RGB detected there either. Can we please get an ETA on a fix for the G. Skill software? Getting tired of the full brightness rainbow. Thanks.
    I have Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.630] with 3900x, x570 CH8 4x G Skill F4-3800C14-8GTZN BIOS 2702 and not sure when, but when 4xRAM slot 2 (from the CPU) does not detect in G.Skill Control software. Here where it gets freaky... drop 2xRAM and it detects in slot 2 from CPU fine and you can control it. Drop four back in, mix them all round and still lose control again of DIMM2. This wasn't always the case, but there is no way I can fix this. Fresh windows install no difference, only g.skill control software, no difference.

Nothing I try will fix this or give me normal control 4xRAM. I can have rainbow only because I can't control DIMM 2 from CPU or even detect it with g.skill software.

Example photo, just turned off all DIMMS, yet 1 remains rainbow. Give control from G.skill to Aura Sync prior and can gain control of all of them but after G.skill software - nope only the same three but muck around turning it on/off in AURA and eventually gain control over all four again. BUGGY much ?

There has to be an issue with the actual G.skill control software.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RedSector; 12-03-2020, 10:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Papadon
    replied
    emissary42 - hi there, any updates on a release date for this? the rainbow is killing me!

Leave a comment:

• Papadon
    replied
    G. Skill 64GB DDR4000 kit here with new Ryzen 5800x - confirmed no working RGB in G. Skill software. Using ASRock B550 which has horrible software, and no working RAM RGB detected there either. Can we please get an ETA on a fix for the G. Skill software? Getting tired of the full brightness rainbow. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• supremeboy
    replied
    I really dislike gigabyte RGB fusion. I only use that because of AIO cpu cooler rgb control. G.skill memory rgb lights are much better for me. On top of that Gigabyte RGB fusion is buggy as hell not working correctly always.
    I'm using Asus Armory Crate to control memory RGB. It works.

Leave a comment:

• emissary42
    replied
    Gigabyte has already published an update of RGB Fusion 2.0 with Ryzen 5000 series support, so you can just use that instead (it is recommended anyways, if you want to control more than just the LEDs of your RAM).

Edit: An updated version of ASUS Aura with Ryzen 5000 series support is also available!

Leave a comment:

• supremeboy
    replied
    So still no update regarding S.skill software not working?
    I upgraded my CPU to 5800 using latest Gigabyte bios 31F and s.skill software doesnt work at all

Leave a comment:

• Absolut_Zero
    replied
    Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
    In the G.SKILL support forum at Hardwareluxx, an official said they know about the issue with Ryzen 5000 and are already working on a fix for Trident Z Lighting Control.

It is probably the same with all motherboard manufacturers and their LED suites...
    Confirming on my Ryzen 7 5800X, the RGB Controls stopped working on my Trident Z Neo (3600mhz). Lighting control was working on my previous CPU, which was a Ryzen 9 3900X.

Was there any ETA on a fix for this?

Leave a comment:

• Fiskerton
    replied

This is more of a feature request than an issue. Is it possible for you guys to make the rainbow and other non-static light effect modes allow you to change the brightness of the LEDs as the only brightness of the current non-static modes are way to bright on my eyes and basically makes it so I can't use those effects. Also it would be very nice if we could pick the colors being used in the non-static modes like you can in the static. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sfrey
    replied
    I have Trident Z NEO 3600 RAM and when I recently built my PC along with the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F Motherboard everything worked flawlessly. I had set for the RGB on both RAM (white) and Motherboard (red) to match the theme of my build. Every time I put the PC in sleep mode ALL the LEDs would turn off. No settings were changed in the bios or within the corresponding apps for each product. Randomly in the two months prior to the build, one day the bright white LEDs on the RAM stayed illuminated while in sleep. I have exhausted all of my options in trying to figure out a solution for this. I have resulted in having to turn off the LED through the GSKILL app just to not keep me awake at night with how bright the LED shines. I tried dimming the output of the LED and still it illuminates my entire bedroom which is a HUGE distraction. I remember doing a Windows update and ever since then the GSKILL and ASUS programs stop working in correlation to where the LEDs would turn off at sleep. If there is any solutions anyone has found that 100% work without disabling the LED itself PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post them below. I love these two products but something has to be done!

Leave a comment:

• emissary42
    replied
    Originally posted by Yeroc3103 View Post
    Based on the last few posts there I assume this is a Ryzen 5000 issue. Can anyone from G.Skill acknowledge?
    In the G.SKILL support forum at Hardwareluxx, an official said they know about the issue with Ryzen 5000 and are already working on a fix for Trident Z Lighting Control.

It is probably the same with all motherboard manufacturers and their LED suites...

Leave a comment:

• Yeroc3103
    replied
    I built a new system but reused my ram.
    Ryzen 5800x
    Aorus X570 Master
    4x8 F4-3200C14D-16GTZR

RGB is just an out sync rainbow mess. Each stick does it's own rainbow cycle out of sync with the stick next to it. I've tried every version listed of G.Skill Lighting Control. None of them detects my ram. As a few others above it just says DRAM and not SYNC like it did (and still works) in my previous system with a 6700k\Z170 board. I currently have the latest BIOS (F31e) but also downgraded to F30 and the problem persists. I've tried RGB Fusion, no luck, I tried Asus Aura, not luck. I've reinstalled Windows twice and followed all the suggestions the sticky threads. For the life of my I cannot change the color of any single one of these ram sticks.

Based on the last few posts there I assume this is a Ryzen 5000 issue. Can anyone from G.Skill acknowledge?

Leave a comment:

• caustiq
    replied
    I downloaded the G.SKILL-Trident-Z-Lighting-Control-v1.00.18 software and it has no effect on my RAM's rgb leds.

The left side window says 'DRAM' and not 'SYNC' so it appears it does not recognize my RAM.

I have the F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC kit.

My motherboard is an MSI B550M Mortar running its latest BIOS version, 7C94v14 to support the new Ryzen 9 5950X CPU.

Troubleshooting I tried:
    Tried various versions of the Lighting Control software and was sure to follow the detailed uninstall/cleaning instructions from this forum between re-installations. Ensured no other 3rd party RGB control software was installed. No traces of ene.sys drivers left before a fresh install of Lighting Control software.

It seems this is a defect in the software, hopefully Gskill sees this and tests out this scenario to provide an update that fixes this issue!

Any other fix ideas welcome!

(Separate thread here)

Leave a comment:

• luxaivo
    replied
    Aorus x570 Elite F31e BIOS + Ryzen 5800x no light control, tried everything in sticky threads. Before the swap I had Aorus Z270X Gaming K5 + i7 7700k, RGB control worked flawless... Please, help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X