No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest version of RGB application is unable to detect the RAMs. Error No TridentZ RGB modules found

Related thread with more details - http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...320016d-16gtzr

Comment

• G.Skill Trident Z software now doesn't actually uninstall so I cannot reinstall said software. Clicking on setup.exe only asks me "would you like to remove the software and associated components?". I've uninstalled via Control Panel and have deleted the files and folders associated with G.Skill and still have this problem. I've never seen this problem before.

I'm on BIOS F6 for Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, one of the newer BIOS, only a few months old but not the latest (I have stability issues with F7, the latest for 8700k).

How do I uninstall this so I can reinstall it so I can control the color of the memory.

Really really disapponted with this software, honestly if I knew that controlling the color of this DRAM was difficult I would've opted for something faster for the same price. This is ridiculous. Please fix your ****ing crap G.Skill.

Comment

• This topic has been opened since February 2018!!!....I have already 5 Months in and I'm still dealing with the same Fkn' issue, I either get these hiccups > "Modules not found" > "Failed to install AXSP service" > Working with no issues, then " 1 or 2 Modules not working in sync".... I have to uninstall the software to then reinstalling the software for it to work!

GSkills have been very quiet about the issues customers are having, No word on any future Updates, No words on a Resolution, Nothing...As if saying fk it' we made our money off you guys, now you have to deal with it.

Unfortunately I'm way pass GSkills return policy and RMA by now, but if I can send them my 64GB (4x16) Modules and GSkills would refund me the exact amount or close enough what I have wasted on them, I would gladly return them back as quick as possible and go with Corsair or just get solid Blue LED Modules, just to end this problem.

My first time buying GSkills and My last time.
        Last edited by EXILE157; 06-02-2019, 09:51 PM.
        Phanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black) *i7-6850K *Asus X99-M WS *Nzxt Kraken X62/Thermaltake Riing SP Series *G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Sharp Quattron 46' *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Skullcandy Crusher *Mod Mic 4

Comment

• Corsair has the same issues, but its Technical Support Team works much better.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm having some difficulties with "TT RGB PLUS" software and "POLYCHROME SYNC" software, and the "Trident Z Royal Lighting Control" software. Trying to understand how/if they can work together, or how to install, run these applications to sync everything.

I'm also kind of new to the RGB flavortown. So i've been going very slow about it all, trying to research as much as possible.

I understand it could be new software beta issues too, or my general lack of understanding. I really am reading and researching everything I can, but the info seems so limited. Its tough to find solutions right now!

Will this interfere with TT RGB PLUS or G.SKILL Royal Lighting Control softwares?

How do I properly use them together, if I can. I don't see royal on the list for PolyChrome Sync compatibility.
            I have a NZXT Internal USB Hub connected to the 2.0 USB. And the other TT rgb hub connected to that.

THE PLAN:
            I would like to have the TT RGB PLUS software run the RGB for fans, pumps, cpu block, and also the Gskill Royal ram RGB. I want the ram to display RGB like the Riing Plus fans and Pacific W4 Plus waterblock, and pump if possible. TT RGB PLUS software has an option under RGB Synchronization labeled "T-Force RGB DRAM" with a Sync On/Off. (for T-Force RAM I'm assuming)

I only want the Asrock board to run its onboard RGBs and any future plugged in directly to MOBO RGB slots (none yet but may add strips). Should I be doing this all off the MOBO? The Polychrome software. The ASROCK POLYCHROME SYNC software has a component page and lists the only available component DRAM (and other peripherals). Which has a On/Off toggle.

THE REALITY:
            Hoping to land a little advice and/or direction if possible. I understand it could be new software beta issues too, or my general lack of understanding. I really am reading and researching everything I can, but the info seems so limited. Its tough to find solutions right now!

Thank you for reading!

Build In Progress.
            Specs:
            Case- Thermal Take p7 Core
            CPU - i9-9900k
            MB - ASROCK Z390 Taichi Ultimate
            RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
            CPU - i9-9900k
            GFX - EVGA Ftw3 Ultra GeForce 2080 Ti
            Cooling - TT M360 Plus LC Kit - So there's 3 Riing Plus fans and the pump/res RGB plus, and the Pacific W4 Plus CPU waterblock.

There will be more fans/pumps and rgb added to build.

Comment

• Originally posted by ztrident View Post
              Latest version of RGB application is unable to detect the RAMs. Error No TridentZ RGB modules found

Related thread with more details - http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...320016d-16gtzr
              I am also experiencing this problem and assume it to be fairly widespread. I have found a temporary solution, unfortunately, it's nearly certain the problem will return.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...-and-reinstall

Comment

• Originally posted by vulcan78 View Post

I am also experiencing this problem and assume it to be fairly widespread. I have found a temporary solution, unfortunately, it's nearly certain the problem will return.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...-and-reinstall
                I found the perfect solution to my problem, I sold my Trident-Z 4 months ago and moved on with Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB and I'm very happy to say that everything has been smooth sailing ever since with no issues!
                Phanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black) *i7-6850K *Asus X99-M WS *Nzxt Kraken X62/Thermaltake Riing SP Series *G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Sharp Quattron 46' *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Skullcandy Crusher *Mod Mic 4

Comment

• I recently upgraded my modules to 2x16 3600 MHz Trident Z Royal RGB and although I am able to use G.Skill software again the issue now is that invariably within a few hours of the PC being on "hid.exe", related to the software, has some kind of CPU usage leak and typically climbs up to 8-10% of CPU (i7 8700k). That's insanely high and I need to disable the software in process explorer before using the CPU for anything.

The problem simply returns whenever I try to use the software again and the only solution is to restart the PC but that only solves the issue for a few hours.

What the **** is wrong with this software?

Windows 10 1809
                  2x16 3600 MHz Trident Z Royal
                  Last edited by vulcan78; 03-29-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Vulcan78,

On our test systems and long-running office PCs with Trident Z Royal/Neo/RGB memory kits, the most we've seen are 2-3% CPU usage max if it's one of the more active lighting effects like music mode that requires processing audio levels.

When you say 8-10% of the i7-8700K CPU, is it one core or all cores? Can you provide a screenshot of task manager (Performance>CPU tab, and either Processes or Details tab with the hid.exe process listed)? hid.exe should also typically use about 3-5MB of memory. So as long as it's around 5MB of memory used, it should be operating normally. If memory usage exceeds significantly beyond 5MB, then it might be a memory leak, but otherwise, it's likely to be something else. (On the other hand, Gaming.exe, the front end settings GUI, typically uses around 5-10MB of memory, and should not be active after the window has been closed.)

We're assuming you're running the latest Trident Z Lighting Control software v1.00.08. Do you have other lighting control software (might be for fans, motherboard, or gpu) installed?

The only major possibility is that your system may have been stuck using an older driver version with the latest software version, which might cause unpredictable issues.

We would recommend you go through the "Clean Uninstall Guide (as of Feb 18, 2020)" steps in this thread: https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...ninstall-guide

After cleaning, reinstalling, and rebooting, please try again to see if the issue continues. Please note, that the clean uninstall guide requires you to uninstall other RGB lighting control software (for example, ASUS Aura, MSI Mystic Light, Gigabyte RGB Fusion, ASRock PolyChrome, etc.) to make sure that related system RGB control drivers are reinstalled using the latest versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                      Vulcan78,

On our test systems and long-running office PCs with Trident Z Royal/Neo/RGB memory kits, the most we've seen are 2-3% CPU usage max if it's one of the more active lighting effects like music mode that requires processing audio levels.

When you say 8-10% of the i7-8700K CPU, is it one core or all cores? Can you provide a screenshot of task manager (Performance>CPU tab, and either Processes or Details tab with the hid.exe process listed)? hid.exe should also typically use about 3-5MB of memory. So as long as it's around 5MB of memory used, it should be operating normally. If memory usage exceeds significantly beyond 5MB, then it might be a memory leak, but otherwise, it's likely to be something else. (On the other hand, Gaming.exe, the front end settings GUI, typically uses around 5-10MB of memory, and should not be active after the window has been closed.)

We're assuming you're running the latest Trident Z Lighting Control software v1.00.08. Do you have other lighting control software (might be for fans, motherboard, or gpu) installed?

The only major possibility is that your system may have been stuck using an older driver version with the latest software version, which might cause unpredictable issues.

We would recommend you go through the "Clean Uninstall Guide (as of Feb 18, 2020)" steps in this thread: https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...ninstall-guide

After cleaning, reinstalling, and rebooting, please try again to see if the issue continues. Please note, that the clean uninstall guide requires you to uninstall other RGB lighting control software (for example, ASUS Aura, MSI Mystic Light, Gigabyte RGB Fusion, ASRock PolyChrome, etc.) to make sure that related system RGB control drivers are reinstalled using the latest versions.
                      I also posted this over in the other thread I created, I've already clean uninstalled the software after the last problem I had with the older non Royal Trident's where the software was stating "no modules found" and after clean re-installing and attempting to re-install per your clean re-install instructions I finally just nuked G.Skill software completely from my PC. There was nothing from G.Skill, no remnant of the older software whatsoever when I reinstalled your latest version after the upgrade to the following modules in late Feb of this year.

Yes I'm currently using v.1.00.08, which was downloaded and installed directly from your portal.

It's not shown in the snapshot because I'm using Process Hacker but if I open Task Manger hid.exe is only using 3mb of memory so it's not a memory leak. Here's a snapshot of Task Manager, Process Explorer, and the G.Skill software open so you can see there isn't a reporting issue with Process Hacker and you ascertain what version of the software I'm using: https://imgur.com/efN9BLK

https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...ng-not-working

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 7, BIOS: F6
                      Memory: Trident Z Royal Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) F4-3600C18D-32GTRS
                      Other lighting software used: Gigabyte RGB Fusion B18.1102 is used only initially when the PC is turned on to set the RGB of the motherboard, distribution plate and GPU, then it's process is terminated after a 2 minute window on timer with auto task kill because RGB Fusion prevents the display from going to sleep, so I don't see this software as being the problem. Additionally, this older version of the software doesn't even have access to the memory modules, so it's not as though it's two different software that are conflicting with the memory.

hid.exe @ 15%!: https://imgur.com/ndBpPy7

The problem seems to crop up over time as I leave my PC, which is situated in my living room on overnight to mine crypto to subsidize my heating bill (65% PT / 165w, GPU is under full water block and doesn't exceed 35C).

Normally before going to bed I turn off all of the RGB on the PC with both G.Skill software and RGB Fusion, but wanting to rule out a potential conflict between the two softwares and the possibility that using G.Skill later in the day was the source of the problem I left the RGB on last night and woke up this morning and it was initially at 10%, but the memory lighting wasn't synced, so I opened G.Skill software and then it went up to 15%!

I need to note that the PC doesn't need to be on for 24 hours for this to happen, some kind of CPU usage leak can develop just 6 hours or so after turning the PC on, this didn't happen yesterday, so I'm not sure what the trigger is, and that's why I didn't use the G.Skill software nor RGB Fusion last night (hid.exe usage was .2% before I went to sleep last night after being on for 12-16 hours, miraculously).

I'm curious as to what the trigger may be.

Additionally, not only does a CPU usage leak develop with hid.exe but the software can become unresponsive, like I just tried to set the RGB on the modules to Cycle like 10 minutes ago, around the time that I created this reply, and it's still yet to apply the setting and now hid.exe is at 15%. I can usually circumvent this by killing hid.exe but the high CPU usage will return very quickly after having a high CPU usage problem with hid.exe and killing and then restarting the process, like 1-3 hours and then the PC will need to be restarted as the only recourse of action.

Again, if this high CPU usage problem only manifested beyond 24 hours I kind of wouldn't have that much of an issue with simply restarting the PC, but it can manifest much faster, like around 6 hours after the PC is initially turned on, and that's a problem. Again, I still don't know what the variable for this is, I thought it might be attempting to use the software again, possibly in conjunction with RGB Fusion, but it's not that as the CPU usage went up to 10% over night without doing that at all yesterday.

Comment

• Thanks for getting back to us and providing further details.

At a first glance, if our software says "DRAM" under the memory icon on the left, then the software isn't detecting the modules, so it won't be able to control the lighting if "DRAM" shows up. If the software has successfully detected the memory lighting through the hid.exe process, then it should show "SYNC" below the memory icon. So if you get "DRAM", close the software and End Task hid.exe, and then relaunching the software usually should be able to re-establish memory detection and connection.

Secondly, have you tried updating the Gigabyte RGB Fusion software? We've had some conflict issues with earlier versions of the RGB Fusion software, and we had worked with Gigabyte to resolve a undetect issue, which was patched in versions released after February 2020. The current B20.0330.2 version should also include this fix. Since your version is B18 (most likely released in 2018), would you mind going through the full clean uninstall steps to remove the RGB Fusion + G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control software, and then reinstall using the latest RGB Fusion and G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control software? A full clean uninstall/reinstall is to eliminate the possibility that an older LED driver is causing the issue from the RGB Fusion side. Please note that the latest clean uninstall steps include a BAT file that uninstalls the LED drivers from a system folder location, and is usually the root of most driver conflict issues, so make sure to run the BAT file with administrator priviledges.

In the meantime, let us pass on your info to our team for further testing and see if we can replicate your issue. Please keep us updated after you've updated RGB Fusion.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to us and providing further details.

At a first glance, if our software says "DRAM" under the memory icon on the left, then the software isn't detecting the modules, so it won't be able to control the lighting if "DRAM" shows up. If the software has successfully detected the memory lighting through the hid.exe process, then it should show "SYNC" below the memory icon. So if you get "DRAM", close the software and End Task hid.exe, and then relaunching the software usually should be able to re-establish memory detection and connection.

Secondly, have you tried updating the Gigabyte RGB Fusion software? We've had some conflict issues with earlier versions of the RGB Fusion software, and we had worked with Gigabyte to resolve a undetect issue, which was patched in versions released after February 2020. The current B20.0330.2 version should also include this fix. Since your version is B18 (most likely released in 2018), would you mind going through the full clean uninstall steps to remove the RGB Fusion + G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control software, and then reinstall using the latest RGB Fusion and G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control software? A full clean uninstall/reinstall is to eliminate the possibility that an older LED driver is causing the issue from the RGB Fusion side. Please note that the latest clean uninstall steps include a BAT file that uninstalls the LED drivers from a system folder location, and is usually the root of most driver conflict issues, so make sure to run the BAT file with administrator priviledges.

In the meantime, let us pass on your info to our team for further testing and see if we can replicate your issue. Please keep us updated after you've updated RGB Fusion.
                          Thanks for the help with this!

Yes there is an issue where G.Skill software is unable to establish communication with the modules and that can be solved by killing hid.exe in Task Manager most of the time, however there are times where the software cannot re-establish communication and I must restart the PC.

As for the advice to update RGB Fusion, I'm perplexed as to how RGB Fusion could be implicated in this seeing as how the software only runs for 1-2 minutes after Windows loads the desktop and then is killed via taskkill.bat. It's not as though the software's are running together. The older software doesn't even see the memory modules, not sure how updating the software to see the modules will help with this. The other issue is that the newest version of Gigabyte's software really sucks in terms of the lighting effects. With the older version I have the colors will continue to cycle without a break but with the newer, specifically the latest, version of RGB Fusion the color cycling end abruptly after a certain color, maybe after cycling for 1 minute straight, and it's an abrupt transition to LED off / black and it's extremely off-putting.

Again, I fail to see how updating RGB Fusion will alleviate the high CPU usage issue considering it's not even running in tandem with G.Skill's software, it's only on for 90 seconds after booting the PC and is killed automatically via taskkill.bat:

"@echo off

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 15

taskkill /IM RGBFusion.exe /F"

Comment

• We're not saying that there's a direct cause between RGB Fusion and the CPU usage of the Trident Z Lighting Control software, but is simply a troubleshooting step to eliminate possible external factors, since it is known that RGB Fusion may install a DRAM LED driver. So what we're asking to test for, is that even if the RGB Fusion is not running, the presence of the RGB Fusion-installed LED driver with an older/different version may cause driver issues for our software.

In other words, we're testing for the possibility of conflict caused by driver versions, not conflict caused by a separate software.
                            Last edited by G.SKILL; 04-09-2020, 02:12 AM.

Comment

We're not saying that there's a direct cause between RGB Fusion and the CPU usage of the Trident Z Lighting Control software, but is simply a troubleshooting step to eliminate possible external factors, since it is known that RGB Fusion may install a DRAM LED driver. So what we're asking to test for, is that even if the RGB Fusion is not running, the presence of the RGB Fusion-installed LED driver with an older/different version may cause driver issues for our software.

In other words, we're testing for the possibility of conflict caused by driver versions, not conflict caused by a separate software.
                              I'm far from the only one with the problem:

https://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pr...high-cpu-usage

Given that a lot of PC owners don't even monitor the resource use of various applications it could be that everyone actually has this problem, particularly those who don't turn their PC off everyday.

I HIGHLY doubt it's RGB Fusion as the version I have doesn't have the ability to even see the memory sticks, let alone set the LED on them.

We can eliminate RGB Fusion as being the culprit by contacting the other members of the thread above and asking them if they are even using the software, there's a good chance they aren't. If they are only using G.Skill software then the cause of the problem is 100% your software.

They have different CPU's, presumably different motherboards, and presumably different or NO RGB software whatsoever and they have the same problem.

HID.exe has some kind of CPU usage leak where it will consume 10-15% of the CPU at some point. It doesn't happen right away, when booting the PC it's only at .2% I can check it every few hours but somewhere between 6 and 12 hours it climbs up to 8, then 10, then 15%.
                              Last edited by vulcan78; 04-09-2020, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, which lighting effect do you have set, when you let it run and the software ends up using high CPU usage? We'll stick to the lighting effects that you've set when we run our tests, to see if it's specific to certain effects. This might increase the chances of us being able to replicate the issue.

And when you see the high CPU usage, could you let us know if you change and apply the lighting effect to static, would the CPU usage of hid.exe change or remain the same? We know you said you've tried to change it to Cycle and the issue remains, but it would be great if you could help confirm if the same occurs when changing to Static.

Again, all we're asking is to uninstall/reinstall to check for us, because some LED drivers can remain on the system even if the software may be uninstalled, and the clean uninstall with the BAT file would uninstall the stray LED drivers that are left on the system from previous software uninstall/reinstalls. And since we are currently unable to replicate the issue on our test systems, it would be much quicker to test using a known setup that is experiencing the issue. So it would greatly help the troubleshooting process if you can help us confirm this.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X