Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EXILE157 View Post
    It has to be the Software and GSkill knows that for a fact. What I really hate is that GSkill keep's you trying steps, steps, steps trouble shooting the issues we're all having instead of fixing the Software!

This is my first time since (1998) that I decided to go with GSkill and I'm very disappointed with this annoying (dual or single) module not synchronizing with others, I'm about to post my 64GB (4x16) GSkill's on OfferUp, LetGo and Ebay and go with Corsair's RGB Vengeance Pro...
    I am less likely to blame G. Skill though over other companies like Asus. When I had a Crosshair VI Hero, a number of users had G. Skill RGB RAM that literally wiped the SPD of the RAM modules by incorrectly accessing and writing to them. Using Asus's software to control RGB aspects and headers on the motherboard was almost a guarantee this would happen. There needs to be a way to address the RGB on the RAM without actually having to write to and potentially corrupt the RAM itself. Maybe adding an RGB header to each module that connects to the motherboard to pass lighting modes through but the writable aspect remaining in the BIOS.
    Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 360
    Asus Crosshair VI Hero
    32GB (4X8) F4-3600C15D-16GTZ - G.Skill took too long getting their act together with their RGB RAM!
    2X Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
    Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    3X Seagate 3TB SATA3/7,200RPM
    LG 16X Blu-Ray/DVD Writer
    SilverStone Strider 1200 Watt
    Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered

Comment

• Originally posted by Syaoran View Post

I am less likely to blame G. Skill though over other companies like Asus. When I had a Crosshair VI Hero, a number of users had G. Skill RGB RAM that literally wiped the SPD of the RAM modules by incorrectly accessing and writing to them. Using Asus's software to control RGB aspects and headers on the motherboard was almost a guarantee this would happen. There needs to be a way to address the RGB on the RAM without actually having to write to and potentially corrupt the RAM itself. Maybe adding an RGB header to each module that connects to the motherboard to pass lighting modes through but the writable aspect remaining in the BIOS.
      I'am blaming GSkill for this issue, because that's the only issue that I'm having within my system. It's either the Modules itself or the Software and I highly doubt its the modules as they sometimes work in sync and the next day they do not.

As I said before I followed the steps provided by the forums and sometimes the steps temporarily work for a day or two, but it goes back to a single or dual modules not in sync with the rest which are solid Blue.

- I don't have any Asus Software running on my system and my Asus X99-M WS has no RGB at all.

Here's today's results : Single Module out of sync.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2792.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	160557

- The Riing fans are purchased in Blue led color.

- The NZXT Kraken is solid Blue on its own NZXT software.

- My 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid settings and color theme are solid Blue and can only be run via EVGA Precision XOC software.

- Both my Corsair K70 and ST100 Headstand are sync in solid Blue via Corsair software.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Updates I remember before >> the the issues :
      - GSkill update (TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Latest Update that >> temporarily fix the issue :
      - BIOS Version (3803) on 08/03/2018
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Except for the buggy GSkill software, everything else works fine.

Many of us are having similar issues if not worst and we all have different builds when it comes to hardware.
      Last edited by EXILE157; 09-08-2018, 04:39 PM.
      Phanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black) *i7-6850K *Asus X99-M WS *Nzxt Kraken X62/Thermaltake Riing SP Series *G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Sharp Quattron 46' *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Skullcandy Crusher *Mod Mic 4

Comment

I'am blaming GSkill for this issue, because that's the only issue that I'm having within my system. It's either the Modules itself or the Software and I highly doubt its the modules as they sometimes work in sync and the next day they do not.

As I said before I followed the steps provided by the forums and sometimes the steps temporarily work for a day or two, but it goes back to a single or dual modules not in sync with the rest which are solid Blue.

- I don't have any Asus Software running on my system and my Asus X99-M WS has no RGB at all.

Here's today's results : Single Module out of sync.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2792.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	160557

- The Riing fans are purchased in Blue led color.

- The NZXT Kraken is solid Blue on its own NZXT software.

- My 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid settings and color theme are solid Blue and can only be run via EVGA Precision XOC software.

- Both my Corsair K70 and ST100 Headstand are sync in solid Blue via Corsair software.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Updates I remember before >> the the issues :
        - GSkill update (TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28)
        Latest Update that >> temporarily fix the issue :
        - BIOS Version (3803) on 08/03/2018
        Except for the buggy GSkill software, everything else works fine.

Many of us are having similar issues if not worst and we all have different builds when it comes to hardware.
        Pretty much any RGB software for any product can mess up these memory modules.
        Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
        Asus Crosshair VI Hero
        32GB (4X8) F4-3600C15D-16GTZ - G.Skill took too long getting their act together with their RGB RAM!
        Samsung EVO 960 500GB

Comment

Pretty much any RGB software for any product can mess up these memory modules.
          Yeah, pretty much it's the -> GSkill Software.
          Phanteks Evolv mATX TG (Black) *i7-6850K *Asus X99-M WS *Nzxt Kraken X62/Thermaltake Riing SP Series *G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Sharp Quattron 46' *Corsair K70 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Skullcandy Crusher *Mod Mic 4

Comment

Yeah, pretty much it's the -> GSkill Software.
            I have heard less complaints about the G. Skill software being the problem in comparison to everything else. G. Skill isn't going to release something that is going to cause the speed profiles of the memory to corrupt. They know how their product works. It's the other products attempting to control their RAM that is the issue in most cases. Even the Sapphire RX 580 can corrupt the SPD profile of the memory. Any RGB software, whether for the motherboard, video card, RAM, etc., can all cause the same issues with the G. Skill RAM.
            Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
            Asus Crosshair VI Hero
            Samsung EVO 960 500GB

Comment

I have heard less complaints about the G. Skill software being the problem in comparison to everything else. G. Skill isn't going to release something that is going to cause the speed profiles of the memory to corrupt. They know how their product works. It's the other products attempting to control their RAM that is the issue in most cases. Even the Sapphire RX 580 can corrupt the SPD profile of the memory. Any RGB software, whether for the motherboard, video card, RAM, etc., can all cause the same issues with the G. Skill RAM.
              Nevertheless you herd it. Seems like you have no solution to the problem so you're stating is an assumption nothing more.

Comment

• Read Corsair forum before purchasing their shitty Vengeance PRO modules. Since they are compatible with Aura sync you will have the same issues

Comment

Nevertheless you herd it. Seems like you have no solution to the problem so you're stating is an assumption nothing more.
                  Actually, I have troubleshoted this issue with many on the Asus forum as well as looked into the G. Skill RGB RAM enough before deciding not to purchase to know. As the user above mentions, this issue isn't specific to just G. Skill, but affects all RGB addressable memory.
                  Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
                  Asus Crosshair VI Hero
                  Samsung EVO 960 500GB

Comment

• Originally posted by facehook View Post
                    Read Corsair forum before purchasing their shitty Vengeance PRO modules. Since they are compatible with Aura sync you will have the same issues
                    I don't use or have Aura Sync, my Mobo doesn't have those extra eye candy features.
                    Even if I could purchase the Vengeance PRO I can't, so far they don't come in 64GB at (4x16) yet...I do read the forums as I'm part of that community.

Comment

Actually, I have troubleshoted this issue with many on the Asus forum as well as looked into the G. Skill RGB RAM enough before deciding not to purchase to know. As the user above mentions, this issue isn't specific to just G. Skill, but affects all RGB addressable memory.
                      - Troubleshooting and actually resolving issues are 2 different things. Your troubleshooting is the same as everyone else, getting information from others in forums troubleshooting these issue since late 2017.

- I can't go by as the user above had mentioned as I'm only dealing with GSkills and not Corsair.

- Again everyone here and out there in the world has different configuration systems and there are a few groups that do have the same setups, yet it's working with no issues and then you have others with the issues.

- Until GSkill figures out a solution to these problems or if I can get my hands on a set of 64GB at (4x16) Vengeance PRO, I can't 100% say that my GPU software or my NZXT software are causing to my specific issue, as I had none before the last GSkill update.
                      Last edited by EXILE157; 06-02-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

- Troubleshooting and actually resolving issues are 2 different things. Your troubleshooting is the same as everyone else getting information, from others in forums troubleshooting these issue since late 2017.

- I can't go by as the user above had mentions as I'm only dealing with GSkills and not Corsair.

- Again everyone here and out there in the world have different configuration systems and there's a few groups that do have the same setups, yet it's working with no issues and then you have others with the issues.

- Until GSkill figures out a solution to these problems or if I can get my hands on a set of 64GB at (4x16) Vengeance PRO, I can't 100% say that my GPU software or my NZXT software are cause to my specific issue, as I had none before the last GSkill update.

I still think you are putting the blame in the wrong place but I can respectfully agree to disagree. G. Skill may make the product and their software does what it says it does without issue. It is software from other companies, including but not limited to versions of HWInfo and so on that cause the bulk of the issues. To me, it just seems silly to blame G. Skill for issues caused by other manufactures software and hardware causing the issues. Hopefully someone comes up with a way to stop this from happening in the future because it really makes me avoid this RAM like the plague. :P
                        Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
                        Asus Crosshair VI Hero
                        Samsung EVO 960 500GB

Comment

I still think you are putting the blame in the wrong place but I can respectfully agree to disagree. G. Skill may make the product and their software does what it says it does without issue. It is software from other companies, including but not limited to versions of HWInfo and so on that cause the bulk of the issues. To me, it just seems silly to blame G. Skill for issues caused by other manufactures software and hardware causing the issues. Hopefully someone comes up with a way to stop this from happening in the future because it really makes me avoid this RAM like the plague. :P
                          I should have acknowledge the signs of "wasted time" by your response, but I can't respectfully agree to disagree with your useless and limited comments on this issue. To me, it's just silly to continue replying to you, so this is my last.

Hopefully, you will have someone else come up with questions to their issue and you can waste their time... :P
                          Last edited by EXILE157; 06-02-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Updated to latest firmware v1.06.68 creates conflict with msi Z270 motherboard led shield . On startup when Led shield turns on led shield turns white led from red led . Then trident Z leds turn off completely . I always keep my ram on defaults on start up.??????????

Specs
                            intel i7 7700k kabylake
                            TridentZ 16gb ram (2 Sticks 8 gb each)
                            Msi gaming 5 Z270
                            OS windows 7 64Bit

Comment

• Originally posted by jarrod View Post
                              Updated to latest firmware v1.06.68 creates conflict with msi Z270 motherboard led shield . On startup when Led shield turns on led shield turns white led from red led . Then trident Z leds turn off completely . I always keep my ram on defaults on start up.??????????

Specs
                              intel i7 7700k kabylake
                              TridentZ 16gb ram (2 Sticks 8 gb each)
                              Msi gaming 5 Z270
                              OS windows 7 64Bit
                              Yeah, lots of us are going through issues after the update. As I said before its GSkill's software creating conflicts, everything else works fine with no issues except for GSkills.

Within the past 2 Weeks - I had 3 days with (1-2 Modules) not in sync and 1 day with all (4 Modules) in a rainbow pattern, reason why > Software says> (No Modules were Found) < I said to myself Fk it, left it alone and continue my night of gaming....On the 5th day I turned on my system and all (4 Modules) are set to BLUE LED as intended, with the system on and off today it will actually be 10 day's the (4 Modules) are still BLUE...It's the longest time so far until it goes back to its issues.

When GSkills created these Modules and Software they weren't thinking about compatibility and conflict issues with Hardware and other Software. I said before a few here have regular builds, custom builds and extreme custom builds.
                              Last edited by EXILE157; 06-02-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• A method which is supposed to control RGB through SPD writes is dangerous itself. SPD EEPROM is a small chip soldered on a memory module and it is intended to store SPD data only. Software must not use it for its purposes.

Comment

Working...
                                X