Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 x DDR4 3600 not running with XMP enabled

I just built a new PC with the following specs:

MSI B450M Bazooka Plus (Latest BIOS 7B90v1G)
    Ryzen 5 4600G
    2 x G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18

When all 4 memory modules are in the PC it will not boot with the XMP set and at 3600MHz, the BIOS resets the RAM to 2133MHz
    If I run just 2 memory modules in the motherboard (either pair) the PC will boot just fine at the XMP 3600MHz speed.
    I've found if I manually set the RAM speed in the BIOS with 4 modules inserted the maximum speed I'm able to get the RAM to run at is 3266MHz
    Is there a method to be able to get all four memory modules running at XMP 3600MHz?

Check CPU SoC Voltage @ DDR4-3266, manually set it higher to attempt DDR4-3600. if no adjustment can stabilize, the CPU may be limited to DDR4-3266. From that point you can consider lowering timings to optimize performance if you wish. Increasing DRAM Voltage can improve DRAM capability.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I raised the SoC voltage to 1.15v and memory to 1.4v and manged to get 3333MHz, I attempted higher voltages to get higher memory speed but couldn't even get to 3400MHz. so a slight improvement. Thanks for your assistance. Any explanation as to why 2 modules can run at 3600MHz using XMP but 4 modules populated are not?

Comment

We have only tested the motherboard to be capable of DDR4-2933 with full slots and DDR4-3200 with two slots:

https://www.gskill.com/configurator?...del=1531979874

A BIOS update may have improved this.

Also, not all CPUs are natively capable of 4 modules at DDR4-3600. Double the amount of modules is twice the load for the CPU internal memory controller so maximum capability is naturally lower.

Based on the hardware you have, sounds like you have fully maximized capability.
        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 04-06-2023, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. I am running the latest BIOS for the motherboard.

Comment

Working...
          X