Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4-3200C14Q-64GVK and Gigabyte X570UD (rev 1.0), QVL is scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200C14Q-64GVK and Gigabyte X570UD (rev 1.0), QVL is scam?

I've recently acquired F4-3200C14Q-64GVK and installed them into Gigabyte X570UD (rev 1.0) and Ryzen 3950x hoping that the memory modules are fully compatible. But they are not! My PC won't load, I can't even enter BIOS anymore.

I used your "compatibility" calculator here to double check my plan.

I also checked the list of supported RAM modules on Gigabyte website for X570UD (rev 1.0) mb and it does indeed support F4-3200C14Q-64GVK (It is on QVL list!!!) here.

Things I tried:
    - I indeed enabled XMP in BIOS (all other options set to 'auto' according to GSkill online manual)
    - I tried to use only 1 memory module and it works without XMP
    - I tried to use 4 modules and they do work without XMP but they never work together under XMP profile with all settings set to auto
    - I tried to set some things manually (i.e. timings 14-14-14-14) in BIOS after I enabled XMP as I heard that XMP profiles are ******** bingo these days -> nope, system is not stable
    - Updated BIOS to latest firmware, does not help

If RAM kit is QVL one then it is supposed to be this way:
    1) Insert RAM Kit
    2) Enable XMP profile
    3) Proceed with Windows work as usual.

Could you please give me RAM technicalities/timings for F4-3200C14Q-64GVK and Gigabyte X570UD (rev 1.0) according to QVL test you've done (on G.Skill side?)?

As far as I understand if you state RAM kit is on QVL list then it should be 100% compatible, right?

Could you please advise me on next steps? I don't feel like I'm going to play with RAM timings and try some crazy setup in BIOS as I don't have that much time working on problems that you were supposed to have resolved by now..
    Last edited by raianknight; 02-27-2023, 09:51 AM.
Working...
X