Need IC confirmation for G.Skill memory kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need IC confirmation for G.Skill memory kit

I have a Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Xtreme paired with an Intel 11900K. Because I'm into memory overclocking I currently play around with two memory kits from G.Skill:

F4-4400C17D-32GVK
    F4-4800C20D-32GTRS

The 4400 kit is dual rank 8Gbit Samsung B-die and the 4800 kit is single rank 16Gbit Hynyx CJR. They work great and I'm very happy with my purchases.

Now I'd like to get an high-end 32GB memory kit with dual rank 8Gbit Hynix DJR ICs. There's this one kit from G.Skill which I think is what I'm looking for:

F4-4600C19D-32GTRS (CL19-26-26-46 1.50V)

Can anybody from G.skill please confirm this memory kit is dual rank 8Gbit Hynix DJR?

I don't think an official is allowed to aswer that, unless the IC usage was part of the press release for that SKU.
    Based on the specs 16Gbit Hynix ICs would probably be the easiest route to produce such a kit.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thanks for your input although I'm not sure this kit has 16Gbit ICs.

Kingston has a memory kit (KF446C19RB1K2/32) with exactly the same specifications (DDR4-4600 CL19-26-26 @1.5V) and in the official product PDF there's this text:

"FURY KF446C19RB1K2/32 is a kit of two 2G x 64-bit (16GB) DDR4-4600 CL19 SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM) 2Rx8, memory module, based on sixteen 1G x 8-bit FBGA components per module"

Because of the identical specs I'm pretty sure G.Skill F4-4600C19D-32GTRS is dual rank 8Gbit. However I don't know the brand of the ICs and that's why I hope somebody from G.Skill can provide the information. I don't want to buy this memory kit and then discover I got another Hynix CJR.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from. However in general it is not a good idea to draw conclusions about a specific spec from data of another manufacturers products. G.SKILL could very well have found and used a different solution to the same spec-question. While there are specs where that is not possible, because they can only by cleared by a very specific IC type, this is not one of them. With that being said, it might very well be a model built from H8D, I personally just find that less likely.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X