AMD Ryzen constantly crashing with Trident Z Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen constantly crashing with Trident Z Royal

Hello guys, I hope everyone is doing fine. I've just built my new computer using Trident Z Royal 64GB, F4-3600C18D-64GTRS, and an AMD Ryzen 9 5950X. I'm having a lot of trouble with random crashes. BIOS, drivers, and OS are all up to date. All hardware is brand new. RAM and MB are in both manufacturer's QVL/Compatibility lists. I have previous experience with Intel builds and never got any problems. This is my first experience with AMD and G.Skill, though. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate any help.

Specs:
    - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
    - Asus B550-F Strix Gaming (Wi-Fi) Bios Version 2423 (2021/08/26)
    - G.Skill Trident Z Royal Series (2 x 32 GB) F4-3600C18D-64GTRS
    - M.2 WD Black SN750 500 GB
    - EVGA Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti XC
    - MSI MAG Series CORELIQUID 240R
    - Seasonic 750W Focus GX 80 Plus Gold
    - Windows 10 Pro

Short-Version:
    - PC crashes and restarts when playing games. I'm also getting ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5E40) WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Details:
    - BIOS updated. Default/auto settings. Got through Windows 10 installation without problems.
    - Within the first 30 minutes of use, I got two BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code.
    - Changed RAM settings to D.O.C.P. and it got better for a while until I started playing.
    - Games crash happens after 5, 10, or 40 minutes. It's pretty random. I even got a couple of crashes in a game's menu. The screen goes all black and the PC restarts without any error code. Sometimes it shows a few glitchy saturated color spots before restarting.
    - Tried enabling/disabling XMP (DOCP), Default/Auto OC profile, disabling Precision Boost Overdrive, but games are still crashing.
    - I deleted/formatted everything and started from scratch.
    - Clean Windows install, all drivers installed and updated. Got rid of Ryzen Master, Asus Armoury Crate, and all the unnecessary stuff.
    - Tried a different PSU. Disconnected/disabled RGB. Still crashing.
    - Enabled/Disabled XMP (DOCP), tried 2666MHz, 3200Mhz, 3600MHz, same results.
    - Looked into the dump files and I'm still getting: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5E40) WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
    - After days of troubleshooting I finally disabled Core Performance Boost and that seemed to help as a temporary solution. I was able to run a couple of games for a few hours without crashing. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is. I'm not planning on doing any extreme OC but I would like to use my 5950X without reducing its potential or performance.

Try one module at a time in second slot away from the CPU to see if one performs differently. Run a memory diagnostics test to see if any errors are detected. If one module is different than the other, send them in for RMA to see if replacements can work better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Try one module at a time in second slot away from the CPU to see if one performs differently. Run a memory diagnostics test to see if any errors are detected. If one module is different than the other, send them in for RMA to see if replacements can work better.
      Thank you. I did what you suggested. Trying each RAM at a time made no difference with the crashes. No errors were detected in the memory diagnostics test, though. With one or two RAM, the only way that I can get rid of the crashes is by disabling Core Precision Boost on my AMD CPU. Would this mean the issue is related to the CPU?

Comment

Simply leave it disabled, you can OC and adjust settings properly based on what you know / test can be stable for the system

Comment

Working...
        X