Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP DDR4-4000MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.55V AMD XMP profile 4000MHz

Dear all members,

This is my first post and also my first PC build on my own. I bought this G.skill RAM because it was new and also really fast
    I kind of understand the basics around infinity fabric and ratios. However, I do not know if I'm guaranteed to get the 4000MHz. I picked Z Neo because it said it fits with the AMD CPU, and I thought this RAM was tweaked the right way to achieve it.
    Right now, I ordered:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Boxed

Gigabyte X570S Aorus Pro AX

Trident Z Neo
    DDR4-4000MHz CL14-15-15-35 1.55V
    16GB (2x8GB)

Because the x570s motherboard is new and therefore not listed yet on the G.skill website, I am not sure if it can push it to 4000 MHz. And to be totally honest, I have no clue what factors are essential to achieve the 4000 MHz XMP.

Is it possible to achieve it with this hardware? Or should I upgrade something?
    And if it works out, I will buy another pair to get 32GB of ram, this would not impact the speed right?

Thank you already for reading my post and sorry for my lack of knowledge on this topic

Welcome, you have some good hardware there so it should be a fun build. First, check to see if you have the latest BIOS.

Make sure modules are in slots two and four away from the CPU. With XMP enabled, manually set DRAM Frequency to DDR4-3200 and see if that can work properly. If it can, scale up to 3200, 3600, until it fails. Take note of CPU SoC Voltage for every successful boot. Once AUTO fails, you may need to manually input a higher value to force stability at a higher DRAM Frequency.

Success will depend on motherboard and CPU capability.

Another kit changes everything, that's double capacity and load so results can be much different. Memory frequency may need to be lower or you may need to manually boost CPU SoC Voltage (memory controller Voltage) to force stability.

Comment

Hello tech,

Thank you for your answer. The products arrived a little bit later and just finished my first build. I only upgraded it to a x5900 cpu.
      I enabled the XMP profile and upped the System Memory Multiplier to 40.00 ==> which is 4000mhz, right? With no problem.
      Moreover, I did FCLK frequency on 2000Mhz, as I hear it should be 1:1 ratio?
      However should I put UCLK mode on Auto and Advanced memory settings auto?

What did you mean with if AUTO fails? Should I put System Memory Multiplier and FCLK Frequency on Auto?

I did not change anything about CPU SoC, because I do not know if it is the VCORE SOC. Everything about the CPU is on auto a.t.m.

I do not know if I did it right or if it is working, because it never crashed...
      Thank you in advance!

Comment

AUTO frequency is fine as long as the system operates at the proper value.

If AUTO Voltage fails, you may need to manually input values, same idea as frequency.

VCore SoC is correct.

When values are set to AUTO the system will attempt values and you can see what they are. You can use the values as a base point if the system is stable, then manually input values to see if you can manually push them higher to improve performance and stability.

Comment

Working...
        X