X570 systems crashing with Ripjaws V 3200-14 memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X570 systems crashing with Ripjaws V 3200-14 memory

I have swapped almost everything on m MSI MEG X570 ACE motherboard and get the same result - BSOD after a few minutes. I even swapped the motherboard and went to the ASRock X570 Taichi and get the same result - BSOD after a few minutes. I have a bunch of GSkill memory and have never had an issue - so it was the last thing I suspected was the problem. The memory in question is part number 4-3200C14D-16GVK. I have similar older GSkill memory in X470 motherboards and it has been working for several years.

Is it possible that the memory in question is not compatible with X570 motherboards or do I just have defective memory. The memory was installed in a new build a year ago and that system was flaky starting day one. However, the crashes were few and far between until recently so I thought it was a software issue until now! I have different memory ordered so we'll see what that bring to my problem system(s). Help appreciated.

Definitely no compatibility issue, that is the best RAM for any AMD Ryzen system.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Test each module in slot two away from the CPU to see if one performs differently. If one does, submit the RMA form online:

https://www.gskill.com/rma

Comment

You were right. GSkill memory was not the issue. It was the EVA 750 G3 Power Supply that was causing the problem. Something in the P/S was defective and finally caused it to fail after a minute or two. So...I swapped MB's, Memory, Boot Drives, Reinstalled Windows 10 etc., etc. I finally ran out of things to swap except for the P/S! Changed out the "New" EVA 750 G3 and replaced it with an "Old" EVGA 850 G2 P/S and all is well. First time I've had a power supply go bad! Really strange since it was a gradual and took over a year for it to finally fail every time after a minute or two.

Comment

Working...
      X