X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident 4000mhz c15

Hello

I hope sombody can help me with mine issue

Sometime ago i started having issue with mine system like desktop crash or bar where the start and search is stops working or when i game i have soms frame drops

So i did a memtest these are mine pc spec
    xii formula
    Trident 4000c15 32gb 4x8gb
    Xmp II enabled

These are the result of memtest Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_181436.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	776.9 KB
ID:	167155

Try each module individually to see if one has different results. If one does, submit the RMA form online:

https://www.gskill.com/rma

Comment

Thank you for response i have made rma at the shop where i bought it from i did a test again with mine other system ram and system runs fine but when i run test again 4000mhz c15 erorr shows see picture one is ok that is 3200mhz c14 the other with erorr is c15 4000mhz
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_192818.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	167165
      Attached Files

Comment

Does not appear to be correct so you may need to take them back for a replacement.

Comment

I have xii formula with 10700k
          doe the 4000mhz c15 not support Xmp II when i check qvl its supported but does it also mean Xmp I and II

Comment

The kit only has one XMP, but the ASUS BIOS has a feature that lets you select between:

a) the original XMP like programmed in the SPD of the modules (XMP-II) or
            b) only apply part of the programmed timings and let the motherboard automatically try to optimize the rest (XMP-I).

I am fairly certain that compatibility is always tested with the original timings, so XMP-II.
            Sometimes XMP-I can be slightly faster, but it does not always produce stable settings.

To figure out if the memory is defective test the modules individually, using one of the two primary memory slots (A2/B2). If only one module has issues during Memtest86, then there may be problem with it and a replacement is probably in order. If none of the modules passes individually, it hints at some general configuration or hardware issue. Then maybe look for a BIOS update and start over again from optimized defaults. Most 10700K should do DDR4-4000 no problem, but you could also slightly decrease the memory ratio to test, if that solves your issue.
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you for detailed info can you please share what setup in bios you would choose if you had this ram kit do you set it to xmp II or just on manual mode and what setting to choose

Comment

To test if everything is working as intended, I would load optimized defaults, then enable XMP-II and decline the pop-up about messing with the CPU settings (not sure if the Formula also has that one).

When that does not work, test the modules one by one in A2 with exactly those settings. I helps narrow down, if it is a memory or a more general issue.

Comment

Ok so let me update you on this i am now curently using the version 3200mhz c14 with xmp II enabled the other type 4000mhz c15 is already on its way to /shop

So mine question more was should i stay with xmp II or is there another better way to run 4000mhz c15 that is going to be replaced

Because now system runs fine and games dont have fps drops at all with other ram there was every few minute a fps drop

Comment

So one last question i have received the new set of ram and 3200mhz is still in win xmp 2 enabled can i just shutdown system and unplug power and replace ram or do i need to change somthing in bios because yesterday i did only put it on auto then shutdown and cable then replace it is this the correct way ?

Comment

I have the new sticks i have 10700k 4000mhz c14 it think vccio and system agent are lowbis it ok to go all the way up to

Vcciob1 35000
                      csav 1.3000

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
                        To test if everything is working as intended, I would load optimized defaults, then enable XMP-II and decline the pop-up about messing with the CPU settings (not sure if the Formula also has that one).

When that does not work, test the modules one by one in A2 with exactly those settings. I helps narrow down, if it is a memory or a more general issue.
                        So i received new ones xmp II is still no go what am i missing i see 1.50v ram when i check bios it says 1.504v should do more voltage then

Comment

Originally posted by Gofran View Post
                          can i just shutdown system and unplug power and replace ram or do i need to change somthing in bios because yesterday i did only put it on auto then shutdown and cable then replace it is this the correct way ?
                          Normally what I do when swapping memory is:
                          1) Disable XMP in BIOS, reset all memory related manually adjusted settings back to default, save & quit.
                          2) Power down. Unplug power.
                          3) Ground myself, remove the old modules, insert the new modules.
                          4) Replug, power on, enter BIOS and check if all the modules show up.
                          5) Enable XMP, double check the changed parameters, save & quit (reboot).

The memory voltage being slightly higher than programmed is a non-issue. Many motherboards do that to either slightly improve compatibility or compensate for possible vdroop.

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
                            Normally what I do when swapping memory is:
                            1) Disable XMP in BIOS, reset all memory related manually adjusted settings back to default, save & quit.
                            2) Power down. Unplug power.
                            3) Ground myself, remove the old modules, insert the new modules.
                            4) Replug, power on, enter BIOS and check if all the modules show up.
                            5) Enable XMP, double check the changed parameters, save & quit (reboot).

The memory voltage being slightly higher than programmed is a non-issue. Many motherboards do that to either slightly improve compatibility or compensate for possible vdroop.
                            Thank you for sharing your advise

So this is what i did do you think this is ok or should raise little more
                            Vccio and are at 1.3v
                            ​​​​​and dram voltage is at 1.54v or should i let it on 1.55v
                            at 1.54 memtest shows no erorr
                            and i have b die

Comment

Just keep vdimm at 1.54V if you have already tested it for stability.

The required SA and IO voltages are CPU dependent. I tend to manually adjust them with the goal to find the lowest value that is fully stable, since it helps a little bit with CPU temperatures.

Comment

Working...
                              X