MEMTEST64 logging 1000+ errors; trident z neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEMTEST64 logging 1000+ errors; trident z neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

After 7 months of working smoothly, I have been getting multiple BSOD's daily. I decided to run a memtest64 and the test had a running count of over 1000 errors beforei stopped the loop. I've tried testing with each memory stick separate, and together seated in 1/3 (initial setup seated 2/4). The result was the same.

I've swapped out the memory for 32gb 3600 corsair vengeance sticks, and the memtes64 ran clean (0 error). Also I have not had any bsod's since (2 days now).

My question is; am i doing something wrong with this memory? is there anything i can do to get it working? or do i RMA it?

Sounds like there may be an issue with them now. Send them in for RMA to see if a replacement kit can work better:

https://www.gskill.com/rma

Comment

Originally posted by 1dorathedestroya View Post
      After 7 months of working smoothly,
      And you PSU this collapsed..
      Under-clock the CPU and test GSKILL Ram.
      If it pass all tests? Then your PSU needs to be replaced by a fresh or larger one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos-GR View Post

And you PSU this collapsed..
        Under-clock the CPU and test GSKILL Ram.
        If it pass all tests? Then your PSU needs to be replaced by a fresh or larger one.
        I'm running a 750 watt psu on an x570 + ryzen 3700x + 5700xt. It's definitely NOT a power issue. Also the PSU tested out okay. It's been 1 week since swapping out the memory with corsair 3600s and I have had no issues since.

Comment

Originally posted by 1dorathedestroya View Post

I'm running a 750 watt psu on an x570 + ryzen 3700x + 5700xt. It's definitely NOT a power issue. Also the PSU tested out okay. It's been 1 week since swapping out the memory with corsair 3600s and I have had no issues since.
          You have a label of 750W and not a tested 750W NEW power supply.
          Issues comes and go, south Europe with heatwave at 35C, most Overclocked systems collapse due old PSU over heat, 780W monster and it can not hold either.

Voltage rail for RAM it could be problematic.
          Last edited by Kiriakos-GR; 07-08-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos-GR View Post

You have a label of 750W and not a tested 750W NEW power supply.
            Issues comes and go, south Europe with heatwave at 35C, most Overclocked systems collapse due old PSU over heat, 780W monster and it can not hold either.

Voltage rail for RAM it could be problematic.
            thanks for the input but no. the psu is good. over 1 week with new ram no issues

Comment

Working...
            X