Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance needed with G.Skill memory

Hello!

I'm in need of some assistance with my G.Skill memory. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

The issue is that whenever I enable the RAM's XMP, my system fails to POST. Leaving everything on Auto/Default works perfectly, but obviously I'm leaving a lot of performance on the table, which isn't preferable.

Memory: F4-3600C17D-32GTZR
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master rev. 1.2 (latest bios)
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

If needed I can upload pics of BIOS settings.

Thanks in advance, if anyone is able to offer a suggestion.

Make sure the modules are placed in the correct memory slots, before you enable the XMP. The two primary ones usually are DIMM A2 & B2 or slot two and four from the CPU socket.

If you suspect there might be an issue with the memory itself, test the modules individually.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice!

I haven't got the computer in front of me atm, but it's VERY possible that I installed them in slots A1 and B1. I'll give it a try later and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again, emissary42

Comment

I feel like such a noob. I can't believe it. Something so obvious lol.

I've moved the modules to slots A2 and B2 as you suggested, enabled the XMP and now she's purring like a kitten. I did have to manually change the mem voltage from auto to 1.350v after a couple of crashes during OCCT, but it's been fine for over 2 hours since.

I'll put my hands up and admit that I didn't read the manual regarding the memory slots. I (incorrectly) assumed that A1/B1, the first alphabetically and numerically, and the fact that they're closest to the CPU would be the most optimal ports for a dual channel config. Guess not.

Advice very much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
        X