Memtest86 Xmp errors etc...Motherboard or not ? Ram errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest86 Xmp errors etc...Motherboard or not ? Ram errors

Hi everyone im really at a loss here... i dont know what to do , or i kinda do but i need some assistance here.

so im built my first pc , here are the specs , Cpu:i9-10900k, Mobo: Asus maximus hero xii , Ram: G.skill Trident z royal 4x8 GB 3600mhz Cl16 , 2 nvme ssds , chassi: lian li o11 dynamic, aio: nzxtz73. gpu: asus rog strix 3080 oc , psu 1000 watt asus gold certified.

so i built my pc completley it posted i was static, i downloaded windows , and everything ran fine for 1 day or 2 , then i started too get bsods , thought my windows was corrupted so I did a new clean install for windows , after a few hours i started too get bsods again.

so i did e memtest86 and i got over 10k errors xmp is on.

So i took every ram stick and tested them indivually all with 4 passes , 2 cleared 2 of them got errors xmp is on!

then i tested all of them at stock speed , 2 cleared and 2 failed .

So i thought clearly bad ram. Btw i forgot too mention , that when i took out the ram the first time , one of the stickers on them ram (the warranty sticker) was like almost peeled off , so i took out the sticker (i had no idea it was a warranty sticker btw) but it was almost completley off ? from the heat idk ? but all the other 3 still has their sticker.

well i took the 2 good sticks and tested in dual channel with xmp on got a few errors , i tested them at stock speed dual channel i got no errors they passed.

i took the 2 good sticks and put them in the slots where the bad ram were previously and tested them at stock speed , i got errors ?? here i was like wtf ? how unlucky am i ??

Do i have a bad motherboard and bad ram ? And my first build ? So my question is , is it only the ram or is it both or what ? im really at a loss here and would appreciate all the help i can get!

Edit: i mixed up the ram tested the good ones on stock they seem too work on slot 1 and 3
    Last edited by Castiel; 05-03-2021, 09:44 PM.

Initial slots are A2 B2, second and fourth away from the CPU, the ones in brackets {1st}

Did the RAM work in the other two slots but not these? Have you tried slots 1 and 2 nearest CPU to see if that can work?

You can test each module individually to see if one performs differently.

Hopefully the results can help narrow down possibilities.

Comment

Working...
    X