Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 hangs after long time idling. - ram issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 hangs after long time idling. - ram issue?

Hi my pc:108500K stock 4800mhz

2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP

Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium

Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC

Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming

1 TB SSD

I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 1 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games not crashing all stable.My pc is on 24 hours. Today was idle 5-6hours in desktop. After few hours when i go to use pc, i run Google chrome and then all starts slowly responding. I mean i was able to touch/move mouse, but all stops slowly responding. Chrome,search bar,start button stops responding. Then i make ctrl alt delete and black screen with blue circle. So i make hard reset.It happened first time that hang of system.

Is there somewhere my pc not stable or its a windows thing?

Like i said pc was idle 5-6 hours ,when i go to use pc, i turned on google chrome and then all starts slowly hanging. I checked EVENT VIEWER: Nothing,0 entries about any errors.Thx.

ah ps
    NZXT cam was on background and epic launcher + steam.

PS:Running currently Karhu Ram test no errors.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Are modules in slots two and four away from the CPU? Try each module individually in slot 2 to see if one performs differently than the other.

Comment

Yes in slots two and four i have modules.

Comment

Try disabling Windows Hibernate.

Open your command prompt.
        Type this:

powercfg.exe /hibernate off

Restart computer. Now go to bed and leave your computer on and see if it wakes up correctly the next day.

Comment

Working...
        X