Help Identifying manufacturer/bin(?) F4-3200C16-8GTZN Trident Z Neo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying manufacturer/bin(?) F4-3200C16-8GTZN Trident Z Neo

Hey. I cheaped out on ram as I just wanted 3200MHz (16-18-18-38) and I got this Trident Z Neo 16gb (2x8) F4-3200C16-8GTZN for my Ryzen 5 3600. But Thaipon reads it as Samsung B-Die bin but timings doesn't look convincing. Internet is literally empty, no info whatsoever, and any attempts to find something on google is just suggesting me some different ones.
    I'm asking because I wanted to try overclocking and B-Die have higher Voltage tolerance and if they're actually not then I don't want to fry them. Click image for larger version  Name:	thumb_show.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.6 KB ID:	165584
    Last edited by Cin; 11-06-2020, 04:39 PM.

Nowadays actually finding B-Die on a spec like this is almost impossible. In most cases this is a misidentification by Thaiphoon Burner. You can verify this yourself by checking the lot code on the modules above the barcode. It should end on -10B for Samsung 8Gbit B-Die but will very likely end on -10C which confirms Samsung 8Gbit C-Die instead. All of that is also explained in my B-Die list at Hardwareluxx (FAQ A5).

If you are looking for Samsung 8Gbit C-Die information please check:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communit...dated.1198323/

(German website, so use a translator plugin if necessary)
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Hello, thank you for answer. I have checked, and yeah as you said it's 10C. I've checked that website but after translation its pretty fine.

But what I got from website you linked is that they don't like to be over 1.35V and they can overclock with loosen timings. Correct me if im wrong tho, how should I approach it if I wanted to try squeezing more out of it without damaging? DRAM Calc don't have samsung c-die option and since Thaipon is reading them wrong I assume that importing Thaipon html report to DRAM Calc for Ryzen is not going to work at all - atleast it didn't when I try.
      Last edited by Cin; 11-07-2020, 05:49 AM.

Comment

I am not a big fan of the "calc" anyways and prefer to properly OC the manual way.

As for C-Die the voltage threshold is not the same for all kits. Some will keep scaling above 1.35V or more rarely even up to 1.4V. That is something you have to test for your own kit. Going over that threshold will impact scaling and can also cause voltage related stability issues.

This is a decent guide that covers most of the basics: https://github.com/integralfx/MemTes...0OC%20Guide.md
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you for that website, actually good chunk of info. I will see what I can do and eventualy ask more.

Comment

Working...
          X