Ripjaws V DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 safe settings with Z390 Designare + i7-9700F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws V DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 safe settings with Z390 Designare + i7-9700F

I've just setup a new system with this components and I'm having some stability issues, as Geekbench 5 (latest 5.2.5 version) halt the system many times during multicore tests.

I'm not an overclock fan and my only goal is to get a 100% stable system. This issues are likely related with RAM settings and I'm asking for help to get the safest settings with my rig:
    • Gigabyte Z390 Designare motherboard with latest F9i BIOS version (also tested previous version F9g).
    • Intel Core i7-9700F 8-core processor @3GHz - @4.7 with Turboboost
    • 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 30000 F4-3000C15D-32GVR (CL15-15-15-35)
    • Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB video card

My first attempt was with BIOS F9g, selected XMP Profile 1 and left everything auto in the BIOS Settings. This resulted in the memory running at 3000MHz and Geekbench always halted the system. With this configuration I tried latest MemTest86 and always halted the system during the test, sometimes a few minutes, others after more than an hour, but never finished.

My second attempt with BIOS F9g had only one change, changing the Memory Enhancements parameter to Enhanced Stability settings instead of Auto. After this change, MemTest86 performed the full-test (4-passes) in 6 hours and 7 minutes. Run Geekbench 5 a few times without halting the system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	i4FSNHk.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	165528

I wanted to have the latest BIOS, so I updated the BIOS to the latest F9i and with the same settings, Geekbench 5 halted a few times.

Went to Intel website and after checking the datasheet of the Intel i7-9700F processor, I saw that memory specification is DDR4-2666 so I went to the BIOS settings, activated XMP Profile 1 and moved the system memory multiplier from Auto 3000 to Auto 2666. Tested Enhanced Stability and Auto in Memory Enhancements parameter, but sadly Geekbench 5 still crashes.

The datasheet of the F4-3000C15D-32GVR modules https://www.gskill.com/specification...-Specification has a note at the bottom that make me wonder if it also has to do with my system:
    Rated XMP frequency & stability depends on MB & CPU capability.
    If used with an Intel Z490 motherboard and a non-K CPU, memory frequency will be limited to DDR4-2933.

Can you help me finding out what settings are best for my configuration?

Maybe it could be a faulty memory stick?

Thanks in advance
Working...
X