Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4-3200C16-8GVKB Can only get it to 2400 won't post if set any higher. Any Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200C16-8GVKB Can only get it to 2400 won't post if set any higher. Any Help?

Motherboard Name Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
    CPU Type QuadCore AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 4100 MHz (41 x 100)
    Module Name G Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16-8GVKB
    BIOS Version 3103

I just bought two extra sticks to have 32G of Ram but I can only get it to post up to 2400. When I only had 2 I could adjust it up past 3200 I think to 3266 or something. Shouldn't I be able to at least get it to run at 3200?

No, once more memory is introduced that was not from the same kit, the rated specifications are no longer guaranteed.
    You will need to test and see what they can do. Try a lower DRAM Frequency with DOCP enabled to see what can work.

Comment

Define "same kit" It's the exact same RAM just one month apart. Same make and model. So what you're saying doesn't make sense. A company purposefully tests components exactly for this kind of thing. If I'm buying the same make and model than it should react the same.

Comment

Correct, for instance if you have F4-3200C16D-16GVKB, the two modules within this kit have been matched and tested from factory to be capable of the rated specifications. Should you decide to add another same exact model memory kit, the results are not guaranteed. Simply because they are same model does not mean they can run at full speed together. It is not to say they can not, but there is no guarantee if we did not match and test them together from factory. If there was no concern we would sell individual modules and users can purchase as many as they need, any time.
        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 09-09-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X