F4-3600C16D-16GVKC XMP profile will not POST on Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C16D-16GVKC XMP profile will not POST on Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite

Profile 1 causes PC to not POST. Bios updated to F2. Sticks in A2 and B2 slots. I tried each individual stick in A2 slot and both would POST without the profile enabled, and both would not POST with it enabled. I'm hoping this is a B550 teething issue and not bad RAM. G.Skill has this memory compatible in the QVL list for this MOBO.

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite
    AMD R5 3600
    GTX 970
    8GBx2 F4-3600C16D-16GVKC

Since both modules behave exactly the same, it sounds more like a configuration/bios issue, since it is very unlikely that both sticks are bad.

Updating the bios would be the first thing on my list. After that test if the XMP does work with a slightly reduced memory ratio of DDR4-3533/3466 and make sure that Gear Down Mode is enabled. That might help figure out if there is maybe just a little bit of fine-tuning of some voltages (Vsoc, VDDG, VDDP) required for DDR4-3600.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

G.Skill lists this RAM compatible with the GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Elite, but the motherboard QVL list does not have this RAM listed. Why is that?

Comment

Gigabyte might not have had this model available for qualification testing. MB manufacturers tend to only test a selected few models of each memory manufacturer. Anything beyond that basically is neither practically nor economically viable... like literally testing in the thousands (2000+) of models with each and every motherboard.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X