Trident Z neo 3600c16 XMP audio crackle and unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident Z neo 3600c16 XMP audio crackle and unstable

Hi, I have 2 x 16gb sticks of G.Skill trident z neo 3600mhz c16 (F4-3600C16-16GTZNC) in an Aorus x570 Master with Ryzen 3900x and ROG strix 2080ti.

The system runs fine when running at 2133mhz. But if i enable XMP I get audio static/crackle and the system is not stable.

I have tried the following:
    Setting the timing manually via thaiphoon burner and DRam calc for Ryzen. set to safe. problem persists
    I have run several different bios on the mother board. F5/F6/F10/F11/F20 on all the problem persists
    Enabling XMP but manually increasing the DRAM voltage to 1.4. problem persists
    I read increasing the SOC voltage can help so tried that but still problem persists.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled all audio drivers. problem persists.
    I have run Memtest86 and no errors occurred.

Any incite as to why this is happening? Any help much appreciated. I'm at a dead end.

Have you tried a lower DRAM Frequency with XMP enabled such as 3200 to see if problem persists? How about one module at a time? Are you using slots 2 and 4 away from the CPU?

Comment

Hi, Its stable with XMP enabled and freq at 3200mhz but not at 3400mhz.
      installed in slots A2/B2
      I will try individual sticks and see.

Comment

With audio and USB issues I found that manually adjusting (often lowering) Vsoc, VDDG and VDDP completely fixed these for me.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X