Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random reboots Asus Prime B550M-A (Wifi) with G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3200C16D @ 3200Mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random reboots Asus Prime B550M-A (Wifi) with G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3200C16D @ 3200Mhz

Built my first pc in 15 years but have been experiencing random reboots almost from day one.

Running Ryzen 5 3600 (stock), RX 5700 XT, Asus Prime B550M-A (Wifi) and G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

When loading the DOCP profile for this memory, the system is very unstable and will sometimes crash within minutes after booting, or occasionally after a bit of gaming. Feel like its happening more often in Windows than during gaming strangely enough.

Memtest86 gave no erros after 2.5h run.

Using Asus's latest Bios (0805). Motherboard and Memory should match (QVL).

When disabling DOCP I have not experienced instability

Instead of using the DOCP profile, I tried using the "Safe" DRAM Calculator for Ryzen settings with the imported XMP profile from Thaiphoon:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-07-13 194251.png
Views:	575
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	164871

Unfortunately, these settings don't even let my system boot past the POST...

I realise the B550 Mobo is quite new, so maybe DRAM calculator can't be used yet for this?

Any tips or suggestions?

Have you tried each module individually to see if both have same maximum result?

With DOCP enabled and two modules, have you tried a lower DRAM Frequency to see what can work?

Are you using slots A2 B2?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Have you tried each module individually to see if both have same maximum result?

With DOCP enabled and two modules, have you tried a lower DRAM Frequency to see what can work?

Are you using slots A2 B2?
      Thanks for the reply.

I have not tried running a single module yet.

I tried 3133 Mhz but that resulted in weird lag in Windows. Can try lower.

Yes I am using A2 and B2.

Have to say I'm now running at 1.4 instead of recommended 1.35V and it seems more stable with no crashes yet...!
      Last edited by RAGP13; 07-13-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Update: Unfortunately after a my last post, I started my computer in the morning and it reboot itself within a minute or so of being in Windows... So it's almost like it's a Cold boot problem. Higher voltage isn't the solution.

I'll try and see if lower frequency works.

Comment

I have had such reboots, it happens several times in a row, reboots, and can work quietly for a couple of days. I immediately checked the system for viruses, thought that maybe the drivers were outdated or the system files were corrupted. I used the DriverDoc utility, it automatically detected the available drivers. My parents are fine. Well, then I read that random reboots can occur due to intense loads, poor Internet speed. I used a special test for this to check everything in a few minutes. Good test, just used the wifi speed test for iPhone . It really helped, I optimized my Wi-Fi and all the problems.
          Last edited by Lasaded; 11-15-2021, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X