F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN XMP profile crashing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN XMP profile crashing system

So the problem I'm having is my gigabyte x570 Master motherboard has random crashes during gaming no error just crashing to desktop plus windows will freeze randomly no bsod just have to hard reset my PC keyboard and mouse become unresponsive when I set my Trident gskill neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN to xmp profile. When I set it to default no problems games run fine and no crashing. I'm running latest bios and all updates in windows are current including drivers. I've ran memtest86 full run no errors xmp enabled and disable only happens in windows. And I checked before buying the memory it's on my motherboard certified memory list. Any suggestions to get the memory running Stable at 3600mhz would be greatly appreciated? System specs are Ryzen 3700x Asus 1080 ti oc edition Samsung 970 Evo 2tb evga 80 plus titanium 850 watt power supply. If you need any other information please let me know.

Use the defaults, AMD processors are more sensitive to memory settings so the defaults are there for optimal performance already
    Corsair Carbide 300R & TX850V2
    Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 Black Edition 125W
    G.SKILL F3-17000CL11-4GBXL + Micron 8KTF25664AZ-1G6M1
    EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
    Asus PA238QR

Comment

Try manually inputting SoC Voltage to see if a slightly higher manual value can improve stability.

To confirm this is the limitation, you can manually set to 3466 or 3200 with XMP enabled and it should work fine. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Will try a higher voltage and get back to you. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

I've been reading that if you bump up the dram voltage a little bit this can help solve stability issues also?

Comment

Hi, I have the same issue when using two sets of the G.Skill Trident Z, DDR4 16 GB 3400MHz, CL16 (F4-3400C16D-16GTZ) memory with Intel I7-8700K.
            If I remove one set of memory, pc runs without any issues. When both of sets are installed - from time to time system frezees.

Comment

Yeah so I upped the dram voltage from 1.35 to 1.36 and it's been stable so far fingers crossed I'll keep you updated.

Comment

So far haven't had any crashes if that changes I'll let you guys know.

Comment

This sounds very similar to the issue I've posted about. Would you care to comment if it is the same and what you did to solve it? Thanks.

Comment

I upped the dram voltage from 1.35 to 1.36 and it's been stable. Maybe has something to do with the fact that ryzen doesn't like 4 dimms.

Comment

Working...
                    X