Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info about Gskill F4-3200C16D-32GIS and Gskill F4-3200C16S-16GIS

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing Gskill DDr4 memories and in particular I would get some info on these 2 models:

1) Gskill Aegis ddr4 32gb (2x16gb) CL16: product code number F4-3200C16D-32GIS
    2) Gskill Aegis ddr4 16gb (1x16gb) CL16: product code number F4-3200C16S-16GIS

which dram die do these 2 models have?

I mean, are they Samsung B-die or whatelse?

Is it possible to have info on the exact Manufacturer and type of the dram die modules?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Depends on the batch so the user will need to check with third party software such as Thaiphoon Burner

That software will provide lots of information about RAM specifications.

Comment

first of all, many thanks for your reply.

then, is it possible to know which are the dram die used to built these 2 ram models?

... I don't think Gskill uses every kind of dram die for every models (for ex. for the trident models).

Probably there are some sets of dram die, perhaps not the same die, perhaps not the same manufacturer, but surely comparable in term of specs and performance, for each gskill ram model... otherwise I ask myself "why there so many different choices for a (for example) 3200 mhz CL16 ddr4 ram (aegis, sniper x, flare, ripjaws, trident) if the components are chosen "random", according to the batch available at the moment?"

sorry if I insist but depending on manufacturer and dram type, there are many differences also in term of compatibility, overclocking capabilities and so on.. (ryzen teaches to all of us..)

for example: Samsung B-die = best choice at the moment; micron A-die the worst one

I think it's important to know this for a buyer, "before buying" an article that is not a cheap component of a modern pc.

if the dram die choices for these models, are between samsung B and E die, Hynix C and D die, or micron E die, you know that these 2 models are good; if the choices are between hynix M die, micron A and B die, you know that you are buying the cheapest and worst ddr4 for the moment.

I don't think we can rely on chance, or luck, when we spend hundreds of euros to buy Ram for our pc's.

don't you think so?

Comment

Follow the G.Skill QVL for certified combinations:

https://www.gskill.com/configurator

Comment

Models like that can be built from almost any IC available on the market today. Since production might change with available stock, there is probably no way to answer your question. You might get type A or type B and something else entirely in a year or two.

I do however think there is a very slim to nonexistent chance to expect the "best type of IC" on models with specifications like that. Samsung 8Gbit B-Die are kinda expensive and can do a couple of very unique things, so nowadays they are almost exclusively used on (higher end) kits that require that exact type of IC to clear their specifications.

And if you are hunting for a very specific IC type, there are some inofficial sources for that around the web.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

thanks for your replies

unfortunatly I found just a few unofficial sites that list just the samsung b-die ram kits. no info on others Dram die manufacturer or IC type.

anyway, do these ram kits have a heatsink/heat-spreader or not?

many thanks in advance

regards

Comment

No, AEGIS series does not have heat spreader.

Comment

Working...
              X