• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One stick from a new kit of 4 won't work

I have bought a brand new 64GB kit (4x16) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
    F4-3200C16Q-64GVK.
    Config that I use is: ASUS Prime X370 Pro with Ryzen 1700X

As my CPU and old RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 16GB (2x8)) were overclocked I reset BIOS to defaults, even updated BIOS later, but the problem is still the same.

By trying different combinations of stick one at the time, 2 at the time 3 and 4 at the time even putting them in different sockets I came to the conclusion that one stick is not working.

When I plug fault stick alone in any socket I get the "Black Screen" and MB beeps "No memory installed".
    When I plug fault stick with 1,2 or 3 other memory sticks I get an only black screen and no sound.

When I don't use that fault stick and plug 1,2 or 3 stick alone or together everything works fine.
    I have tried to OC with automatic XMP to 3200 MHz 3 sticks together - that didn't work, but using just 2 sticks worked fine.

I need to mention that BIOS is on default and no XMP or any other RAM or CPU OC is applied.

Before I ordered RAM I checked compatibility on official MB and RAM manufacturers and also on different forums. I came to the conclusion that it will definitely work with my MB and CPU. I even asked if the seller can get me Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz 128GB (4x32) kit because I saw a post confirms that it works with ASUS Prime X370 Pro and Ryzen 7 1700X.

This is not the first time I upgraded my PC, I have experience as a builder so I didn't damage the RAM by not installing it correctly.

A friend tested this kit on his PC.
    When he puts that faulty stick into his PC it is working, alone and with another one (he has a mini-board with just 2 memory slots, also AM4 socket, I think X470 chipset).
    I don't understand, how it is possible that only one brand new memory stick won't work on my PC, mounted in any slot. I have tried to put other brand new sticks and my old ones into every MB socket to check if the problem is broken MB slot, and it is not! All 4 MB slots work fine.

I found that somebody else has the same problem, but with a kit of 2, also Ripjaw V F4-3000C15D-16GVKB

Any suggestions on what to do?

The Asus Prime x370 pro supports up to 64Gb of ram.
    https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards...pecifications/

Comment

Originally posted by seqo View Post
      The Asus Prime x370 pro supports up to 64Gb of ram.
      https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards...pecifications/
      I know that. I bought a 64 GB kit.
      I just mentioned that I read a post on another forum that some guy tested Ripjaw V 3200 MHz 128 GB kit on the same motherboard and the same CPU R7 1700X as mine.
      There were no 128 GB kits when the motherboard was manufactured.

Comment

Send them in for RMA exchange and a replacement kit should work much better.

Comment

Working...
        X