Ram issue with Asrock Fatality b450 itx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram issue with Asrock Fatality b450 itx

Hi, I recently built a computer with the Asrock Fatality b450 gaming itx/ac, a 32gb kit of G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 mhz cl18, Ryzen 5 3600x and a GTX 1660 TI. What is happening is that the computer doesn't boot with both RAM sticks, if I use only the stick 1 it works fine in any of the RAM slots, but if I use the stick 2 on any of the slots it doesn't even POST (It keeps restarting after a few seconds, I believe it is the mobo trying to figure out the RAM timings). First I thought that the ram 2 was defective then I tried it in my brothers computer and it booted just fine.

Then I did a BIOS update on my mobo from v3.50 to v3.70 and it started to boot with both sticks but it doesn't detect the stick 2. It shows a error saying "memory pmu training error on socket 0 channel 0 dimm 0" (I don't remember the exact numbers of the socket, channel or dimm). On the BIOS it just detect 16gb.

I booted on windows with only the 16gb used the DRAM calculator to get the suggested memory timings and set the timings manually even with this it didn't boot at all.

Anyone already faced this problem? Also both sticks shouldn't be exactly the same? Why the mobo is able to work this PMU training in one of the sticks but not on the other?

Did you try arm 2 alone to see if it has same results? If not, send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit can work better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Did you try arm 2 alone to see if it has same results? If not, send them in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit can work better.
      Yes, I tried and it doesn't work. The thing is that I bought the kit when I was on the USA, now I am in Brazil. Is there a way to do the RMA from here? How it works the GSkill support outside the USA?

Comment

Yes, Brazil can be handled by California office.

Submit the RMA request here:

http://www.gskill.com/rma

Comment

Working...
        X